- Hi - I'm D.. and I'm an Alcoholic

Hi - I'm D.. and I'm an Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi - I'm D.. and I'm an Alcoholic

Postby Divina » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 am

Hello, my name is D..a, and I'm alcoholics. Date of my last drink is 20-03-2008. I am from Lithuania, we have AA here 22 years. And first message about AA comes to LT from USA... :)
I' m grateful to be with you and starting my life with 12 steps. It is amazing program..
Now I'm working with my sponsor on steps by Big Book, it is so strong.
Now - IX step. My long drinking touched lot of people and institutions, so work is little hard, but every day ask Him to remove my shortcomings - fear, procrastination etc...
Few months ago we established first BB study group, some of us have sponsors from London, but every message about BB studies is very important for us.

PS Sorry for my poor English (my native language is Lithuanian) - if you show me my mistakes, I will be very thankful :) ;)
Divina

Postby Dallas » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 am

Welcome to the site D! Great to have you! And, please send a word of encouragement, support & care, to our Fellow A.A. brothers & sisters in Lithuania!

It's great to hear that you are taking the Steps as they are in the Big Book! For me, that has been the key to a successful, happy, joyous, sane and free Life in Sobriety! It's also wonderful to hear that they have Big Book Study Groups in Lithuania! I believe this is root of the success of the future for the Fellowship of AA, everywhere!

Getting back to the roots of recovery -- that are the 12 Steps as presented and described in that old book -- Alcoholics Anonymous -- and living the Steps as they are presented in the book, is an experience that no AA should ever do without!

Excuse me for my weakness in the Lithuanian language... but, I don't know how to speak or write anything in your language. :lol: However, I do understand the language of the heart -- the alcoholic heart, one alcoholic sharing & talking with another, and the loving language of the 12 Steps and AA recovery!

I hope to hear more from you soon! If I can be of help to you, or to the Fellowship in Lithuania, please let me know!

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Divina » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 am

Thank you very much. On Tuesday our BB meeting I will pass
"a word of encouragement, support & care, to our Fellow A.A. brothers & sisters in Lithuania!...
It's great to hear that you are taking the Steps as they are in the Big Book! For me, that has been the key to a successful, happy, joyous, sane and free Life in Sobriety! It's also wonderful to hear that they have Big Book Study Groups in Lithuania! I believe this is root of the success of the future for the Fellowship of AA, everywhere!
Getting back to the roots of recovery -- that are the 12 Steps as presented and described in that old book -- Alcoholics Anonymous -- and living the Steps as they are presented in the book, is an experience that no AA should ever do without!
"
:)
I'm interested in the roots of recovery. I believed in stories of thousands of man and women, who recovered from alcoholism... I want to live happy, sane and free life, it's true. I have some experience, when I didn't drunk couple of years without AA, and slip out on 3th "dry" year. Now - 3th sober year with AA :) It is new life. Thank you...
I was on few english-speaking AA conventions in Spain, I saw happy sober people with 30-40 years of sobriety - it is working... It is true :)
Divina

Postby Dallas » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Divina, are you, or is your BB Study Group in Lithuania, familiar with the "Charlie & Joe Big Book Talks"?

Charlie P. and Joe McQ. were from Arkansas, USA. (Where I currently live). They travelled all over the world to many different countries giving AA History talks and Big Book study talks. Many of these talks were recorded on cassette tapes.

I got Sober on November 14, 1986, in Los Angeles, California. I had previously came to AA in 1985, and failed to stay sober. I had been going to discussion meetings where they rarely talked about the Big Book and they never talked about "TAKING the Steps." I didn't even know that in AA -- there IS an Official Plan of Recovery. (The 12 Steps, as presented in the Big Book). In the discussion meetings most of the members were not staying sober for very long -- and the one's that were sober were still insane! :lol: :lol:

When I finally had another chance to get sober in Nov. of 1986, I was fortunate enough to get a copy of the early Charlie & Joe Big Book workshop tapes. They made ALL the difference to my recovery in AA!

In 1994, I moved to Arkansas, and had the pleasure of getting to know Charlie & Joe, and to follow up on the Big Book study w/ them.

If you, or the other AA's in Lithuania do not have the tapes -- and you want them -- I'll make them available to you online, where you can download them and listen to them.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Pebbles » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I have to say that I also really enjoy the Joe and Charlie CD's, they talk about the BB like I've never heard, and I get so so much from them every time I hear them. It's just like the BB- when ever I read it, I get something new.
Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh yeah, and welcome to the site, D. If you are as alcoholic as I, this site will feel like "home" to you also. :)
Pebbles

Postby sunlight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Welcome Divina! It's so great that we have sober people from all over the world here! We have a common bond like no other.

There are some great sober women here, and the men aren't bad either! :lol: :lol: Just kidding guys, you know you are precious. :wink: (We also have fun here. :P )
sunlight

Postby Divina » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Dallas wrote:If you, or the other AA's in Lithuania do not have the tapes -- and you want them -- I'll make them available to you online, where you can download them and listen to them.Dallas

Thank You, Dallas!
I haven't tapes, but I know about Joe and Charlie. Last year I was found Primary Purpose Group in Dallas and was read most about BB... In that site I saw some speaker tapes, but I can't download them...
If you can make available to download them, I will be very thankfully for you...

And you know, Dallas? The name of our group is "The Primary Purpose" ("Pagrindinis tikslas" in lithuanian...) :D
Divina

Postby Divina » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Sunlight, Pebbles!
Thank you :) AA is my peacefull home in all the world:)
Divina

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery