- New Hear

New Hear

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

New Hear

Postby bbqwiwi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi my name is Barb
I have been in the program now for 5 years, Iam looking to open my mind and go out looking for more places to find other people in recovery from alcoholism.I live in a small place but Iam very lucky to have a meeting to attend each night of the week if that is what I need,but at this time I am just looking for someone that has more time into the 12 steps and has the know how on some advice on working the steps. I know that the steps are to be done at my own speed and they could take the rest of my life to complete them all to the very best of my ability...just looking for some help :D
bbqwiwi

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:06 am

Welcome to the site, Barb! Great to have you here! We're always ready to reach out if we can be of help. I appreciate you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby BrandyeW » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi Barb!

Great to see another woman on the site! I don't know if I have any more progress that you on working the steps, but I can certainly always use another friend!

Hope to hear from you soon!

BrandyeW
BrandyeW

Postby sunlight » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Barb! Welcome! :D

Is this your first time taking the steps?

When I first took the steps, this was something I only noticed in retrospect. But now that I've taken them a few times, I'm on the lookout for it!

With each step, I pay careful attention to what is happening in my life that has to do with each step. I don't super-analyze or try to find hidden meanings in anything, just ask God to open my mind to what I need to learn and live regarding the step I am on. If I try too hard, I just get a headache! :lol: But sometimes it's as if the whole universe is revolving around the step, drving home the meaning and relevance of it in my life, giving it a real "hands-on" practical application.

This almost always involves interacting with others. This is where my greatest lessons come from, and then I get to use those lessons in being of service. And in serving, I get more lessons! It's pretty exciting.

I also attend step studies and workshops on the steps.
I ask others about how they experienced a step. If they tell me something contrary to the big book, I disregard it. But I've gotten some great insights just for the asking!

I can never exhaust the steps. They truly are, for me, the stepping stones to a new way of living and being. They have given me a relationship with my Creator and my fellows that I would not have imagined.

And honestly, I have a lot of fun with them! :mrgreen:
sunlight

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery