- Not a fool

Not a fool

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Not a fool

Postby mldyge1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Hello, my name is Melody, recovering alcoholic. I have 63 days of sobriety today. I found this site by accident looking for guidence, on google, about sponsors & sponsee guides. I am really anxious, confused & maybe expecting to much too soon.
I found a question submitted by a fellow aa member wanting to take on a sponsee while he was in his 8th month of sobriety & hadn't done all the steps either. His story intrigued me ... but the responses & his banterring back & fourth brought me right out of my depression!! Wow, always more to be revealed. So I cruzed in here a bit & realized I'de be a fool not to see that this is a part of his plan for me...
Thank-you for all of your imput. I am so willing to do what ever it takes. I want what you've got. Most of you anyway
Sincerely
Melodymldyge1

mldyge1

Re: Not a fool

Postby Dallas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here w/ us.
I'm glad that you're finding something useful to you here.

I wished -- that there had been a site like this when I first got sober.
We've got some great members from all over the world here with lots of experience in sobriety and recovery
and over the years they've shared tons of valuable info for people seeking help and answers.
I would have had to attend 25 years worth of meetings to pick up on all the info
that has been shared here! :-)

Congrats on your 63 days!!!! That's a huge deal! I know, from my own experience, how tough it can be to start collecting some back-to-back sober days!

You being here -- and participating and posting in the forum, is a big help for us, who've been here for a while, and it's also helpful to others who are just now trying to start their journey to collect some days.

The #1 Lesson of Sobriety, that I learned is: "You get what you give away." If you give help, you get help. And, that, in a nutshell is "How it works!" ;-)

Thank you for giving!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery