- Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi

Postby BrianC » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:46 am

Hi my name is Brian C. My home group is Golden Key, Tuesday nights at 8 PM in Vancouver. I have no idea how I found your site, but I'm glad I did because I like your 4th step guide. It seems like a nice website.

I have been a sober member of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous since Nov.9, 2003. I love AA, and I love my life today.

I have been reluctant to post on boards in the past, as I have a fear of search engines blowing my anonymity. Is this going to be an issue? In anycase, if it's not then I will stay.

Thank you all for my sobriety.

All the best,

Brian
BrianC

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:15 am

Hey Brian,

Welcome to Step12.com! Thanks for signing up for the forum and for paticipating. I hope you've found a few useful things on the site and I look forward to you sharing your experience, strength and hope with us here.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the search engines... there may be a couple of other Brian C's out there in Cyberland. 8) We typically don't refer to our last names in our profiles or in our posts and I guess that keeps 'em guessing.

It does remind me though, when I was new in AA... I was very concerned whether someone not in AA would find out that I was a member of AA. It was like "Oh great!!! What if someone finds out!!!" ... Some of those I was concerned about "finding out" would have probably considered my AA membership a "Step up" from what I had been like!

Now, I kind of chuckle at it.... since AA eventually made me a better person than I was before I got here. :wink: Funny how my mind works sometimes. I'm glad I've learned to laugh at myself.

Keep coming back. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:11 am

hello De'r Bri... cyberspace, ha!... gald ya paroozed ya way to Step12... and TY for my sobriety... it's a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee prog... good wishes to you Brian...bless, Rusty
Rusty Zipper

welcome Brian

Postby musicmode » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:11 am

My name is Anne, I am an alcoholic.

My spin is this...I didn't care who saw me drunk...I don't care who knows I'm sober. It's yer program though, man...you do what feels right for you when it comes to yer anonymity. 8) Keep comin' back.
musicmode

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery