- New and totally lost..

New and totally lost..

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

New and totally lost..

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:12 am

Hello, my name is Tonya and i am an alcoholic and recovering drug addict. I stopped drugs jan.1,2000, but the alcohol continued to run my life and control my every moment..i have not had a drink in 14 days, and i am grateful for that..i had convinced myself until today that i could get and stay sober without aa and without outsiders, and today, when i just wanted to go shopping with my daughter and couldn't because i was afraid i would stop at the liquor store, i felt like a prisoner of my own home..and i can't live like that nor can i force my daughter to live that way..i dont want to be afraid to go out of the house..i also am married to my husband who has been a recovering alcoholic for over 15 years, and i have been hiding it from him for all of our 7yr. relationship..he works out of town a lot, so, i guess lying is a better word than hiding...i am glad that i have found this forum, i need all the help and friendship i can get right now..
1dayatatime36

Introduction

Postby wareagle10 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:27 am

Hi Tonya, my name is John (wareagle10) and I am also an alcoholic. It's good to have you on the board. There are many here who can and will help you. Probably is more like lying than hiding. I agree that you nor your daughter deserve this. I have three daughters, all grown and out on their own, and I saw the damage that I created with them. I hope that you can find some meetings where you live and that you will join us on the board so that we may give you some of our feedback.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

thanks wareagle10

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:43 am

thank you john for such a quick response, i am still sitting here in awe of all i can learn from others on this site..i hope soon i will feel more comfortable to open up about my real self, and the problems that i have, there are so many, but when i think about it, it is all too much to handle just yet..i will go to my 1st aa meeting this friday, and i am just praying that my husband will be accepting of this..but until then, i am sure i will find myself on this site a lot beings going out and about is not a good idea for me right now..take care..
1dayatatime36

In awe

Postby wareagle10 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:50 am

You know I was told that most AAers have already heard just about everything or have done just about everything, and If they haven't you might give us some ideas. Ha.
I am sure that as time goes by and you post more and see the response that you get you will feel more comfortable. This IS just like an AA meeting with typing. It takes a little longer to get it out, but the neat thing is that you can recall your words, just backspace, I wish that I could do that at a real meeting. My mouth sometimes gets going before my brain gets activated. Good luck on your first meeting and I can just about guarantee that your husband will be more supportive than you imagine.
wareagle10

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 am

Hello Tonya,

Welcome to Step12.com !!! Glad to have you here. Pull up your chair, grab a cup of java, let your hair down, and make yourself at home!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby blueangel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:32 am

Hi tonya and welcome to the forum.! you will find alot of great people and good support here. I enjoy just reading the posts since my schedule seems strange alot lately :lol: But posting and reading is very good for me I know and hopefully you as well. It really gets me through the day even when my schedule doesn't allow for the meeting. Glad you are here, Kay
blueangel

good to hear from you

Postby wareagle10 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:59 am

Hey Blueangel, good to see your post, haven't heard too much from you lately. I gather by your post that you have a hectic schedule. Hope to see more of your sharing, I have just about tied up all the major headings on the board, as you probably can see. I need some help.Ha. Either that or I am going to have to use somebody elses stories. Anyway good to see you back up on the board.

PS: I told Tonya that she would have a lot of support here, and by golly, it looks like she has hit a gold mine, or sobriety mine. Probably time for me to sign off, huh.
wareagle10

Postby blueangel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:57 am

hey wareagle! yeah i'm still around just being extremely busy. it seems like i said something about taking monday off and relaxing. i called my sponsor today and told her never let me say that again cuz it was just an extension of last week :lol: I have to say though that i did finally get the lawn mower tire out of my car to make room for more people. with the router and router table and the tire out of the car though i can actually pack the people in like sardines for the rides to the meetings. I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to get 5 into the mustang tomorrow night though :lol: oh well one of them is small so no worries. I sure hope there is a raffle out there and i have the winning ticket for the mini van :lol: what the heck though maybe me co-conspirator will get rested up in time for my mini vacation but actually i thrived for alot of years on chaos so actually it's not that hard and my cats still love me :lol: :lol: . One of these days I am hoping to win that vacation to the carribean :lol: till that day comes I'll just settle for my hot tub..lol
God Bless everyone and have a great 24 hours, Kay :D
blueangel

Good Luck

Postby wareagle10 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:02 am

Hope you have the raffle and you or your co-conspirator win the van, sounds like you need it the way your CARRYING the message. Ha.
Keep on keeping on and I'll post more later.
wareagle10

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery