- Getting Out..

Getting Out..

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Getting Out..

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Hello..Well, yesterday i joined this forum, and got some really great welcomes, and i appreciate that..thank you..i wasn't able to go out yesterday because i was afraid i would stop at the liquor store, i have only 2 weeks sobriety so the urges for me are so strong, but i realize that i can't live my life that way, so after talking to a new friend that i met calling AA yesterday, i have decided that i am going to go out and do my shopping and come home empty handed of any alcohol and be proud that i did it..at least that is my thinking at this moment, and if i keep thinking that way, i can make it happen..My biggest problem is this, i associate everything with alcohol..shopping, cleaning house, talking on the phone, sitting at the computer, mowing the lawn, you name it and i can associate it in some way with having a beer..i don't know just yet how to disassociate myself from that..and that is why i am having such a hard time...just getting out..and i know that i will pass at least 3 liquor stores just going down Rogers Ave..to get to WM..So, i thought if i wrote down my honest feelings, and my fears, that i may get out sucessfully and bring my sobriety back home with me..So, Please pray for me and thank you for listening..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Tonya, great to hear from you.

It takes a few days back to back for most of us to feel even a little bit comfortable and safe. Once you get through the 12 Steps, and get a little time, and get over the fear and shyness about picking up the telephone... to reach out... you'll be just fine. It was a good thing to do, you getting on here and sharing what was going on with you!

Take care and remember... you've got thousands of us wanting you to make it!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

made it!!

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:45 pm

dallas, thank you for such support, and your number, i can use all the support i can get right now and for a long time to come i am sure..well, i did go shopping, and i made it home with my sobriety and thanked GOD for it all the way home..and for all the support i have gotten from you all here in just a short amount of time..I was laughing when i got home, doing the "YES" thing, and felt sort of silly, but i was so grateful..but continued to just laugh out loud that i got home safe and sober and i am still that way for today..i am hoping after my first meeting this Friday that i can come back here and give some of my history so that when it comes to support from all of you, you will have an idea of who i am or was..or both..i think that sounds right..but again, thank you so much..and i did get a phone call from a lady today that is somewhat homebound like i am, and is willing to talk to me and i am going to call her this evening..so GOD is really working with me here, and after 24 years of drinking and drugging, i know it is time i start the work myself as well, and i am starting on those steps..not easy though, taking inventory..very hard, but i didn't expect any of this to be easy...so, thanks a lot..take care..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:16 pm

hiya Tonya, nice name, sorry i wasn't around to welcome ya... some life stuff go'n on... anyway.. Tonya you will be ok... just have faith... its not a pic-a-nik right now... we have all been through it.. if ya antsy, a little nerved up... read, read the posts... they can give you hope... and as your site name says, its realy only onedayatatime... and when i was go'n what you are go'n through... at times, it was a minute at a time... again you will be ok... "Faith"... peace, love, teach only love and all good wishes... xxoo Rusty :wink: ps, what worked for me was if in the middle of the night, i was bug'n, i came on line, read, even wrote... no boogie man here....
Rusty Zipper

Postby rcflyer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Steve and an Alcoholic.

Today is the morning of day two for me, after a gnarly 2 year relapse, and as usual I've done some serious damage.

Due to nothing I willed, wanted, or did right (ran and hid from even) - I somehow ended up in the right place.

Hope to get to know you all out on the "boards"

rcflyer (Steven)
rcflyer

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 pm

hiya steven, welcome to step12, small, but lots of ex. strenght, love, and the best... HOPE... exspress yourself, open up, and the we in we will help all... pm. anytime if need... good wishes rcflyer... xxoo Zip
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:39 pm

ohoh, forgot one thing... Dont Drink if ya ass is on fire... lol
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 pm

And... don't drink just because your ass ain't on fire! Just don't drink, period! It'll work better that way!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:12 pm

right on bud'a D, right on... rc, how ya do'n?........Z
Rusty Zipper

Introduction

Postby wareagle10 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi RC: Wareagle10 here. As you can already see you have plenty of people signing on to welcome you, I am just one more. This is a great board for help, but, you gotta post so we can help out. Your sharing is also helping all of us. Good to have you on "board" and I will look forward, as we all will, to your posts.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery