- Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello

Postby rcflyer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:39 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Steve and an Alcoholic.

Today is the morning of day two for me, after a gnarly 2 year relapse, and as usual I've done some serious damage.

Due to nothing I willed, wanted, or did right (ran and hid from even) - I somehow ended up in the right place.

Hope to get to know you all out on the "boards"

rcflyer (Steven)
rcflyer

Postby blueangel » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. I'm sure if you read around on these posts you'll find alot of great posts and great people all about recovery. Nice thing about this is realizing none of us are alone, but all in the same boat. Good thing it's not the titanic :lol: best of all is some of us are just a phone call away :lol: Have a great morning and better day and kick back with some coffee and enjoy life. God Bless, Kay :D
blueangel

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Hello Steve and Debbie,
It was so nice to meet you last night..i am glad that you made it to day two..it is so hard, but worth all the work..i am too new into the program to really give a lot of advice, i am still seeking it as well, but as you can see, there are some really great people on here that can help you through and be there for you..i was amazed at the short time it took after coming on here, all the support i got from total strangers..it got me through some really rough days, days i couldn't get to a meeting..so hang in there..hope to hear from you often..GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby rcflyer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey all !!!

Been trying to read the first three chapters of the BB this AM, with little success. I have to read REAL SLOW and not much gets through.

One guy on here responded to my Intro with some advice -

Don't drink if yer ass is on fire

Now thats some advice I can understand about now..... :evil:

Excellent meeting last night, lets do another one

Steven
rcflyer

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:27 pm

Hey Steven!!! Good morning!!! Good to hear your still on day two!

Thanks again, for breakfast! I had a great time talking with you and Deb.

There is a speaker meeting tonight at 8 pm, at the Pioneer, and also a CandleLight Meeting at 11 pm, at 200 Towson. I plan on going to the speaker meeting and will PM Kay and see if she is going. I also mentioned to Tonya, in a PM about the meetings tonight... and that we can consider starting some new meetings on the weekends... since that's the only days that she can get someone to take care of her daughter and get to a meeting.

On the reading... relax and take your time with what you're reading... just be sure to read it!!!! I keep reading the book over and over and over again, and get something new out of it every time I read it.

Hang in there! If you feel shakey... pick up the phone!

Talk to you later today....

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Big Book

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Hey Steve; Good for you meeting the people that are actually on the board and going to meetings with them, what could be better than that? I agree with Dallas on the BB, take your time. I think that somewhere it says that the book is our TEXT, which as I understand it, means that it is to be studied, not read once and forgotten. It continues to teach us as we get more time, it says something different as we move through sobriety. Dallas made mention of it also, that he reads it over and over and each time he gets something different. Same for me, I have read it countless times, sometimes not from the start, but selectively as a problem arises, and most of the time the answer is there. IF not, then I go to the meetings and to individuals to help me with the problem. I'm glad that you got to meet 1dayatatime, she sounds like a neat person and I am keeping good thoughts for all of you. Keep on keeping on.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby JR » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:34 am

He rcflyer,

Is that radio controlled flyer? I have a garage full of airplanes hanging from the ceiling (they belong to my husband) I think they are so cool.

Especially when they crash. :lol:

Lots of tinkering involved in that. You must be one of those quiet alcoholics.

Welcome to the site.

Jr
JR

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery