- My name's John, I'm an alcoholic

My name's John, I'm an alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

My name's John, I'm an alcoholic

Postby johnpeck » Fri May 12, 2006 2:31 pm

Just found this site. I think it will come in handy. I can get away from work for a few minutes and it will be like a mini meeting. I have been an AA since Jan 4, 2006. The force is strong. Bless you all.
johnpeck

Postby Dallas » Fri May 12, 2006 3:03 pm

Hey John,

Welcome to the site! Hopefully, it will help you have a better lunch. :wink: It's good to have you join in. Looking forward to your sharing!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Welcome

Postby wareagle10 » Sat May 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Welcome aboard, John. As Dallas said it good to have you here and hope to read more of your posts. This is a good board and lots of fun and very informative, good folks sharing how they got, and, stayed sober. Yeah, like a mini meeting.

The thing I have found is that, just like a meeting, you get to know people here and you think about them and how they are doing while you are off th board and then you come back on find out. I have never met any of the board members but I know them just the same and I carry them with me in my head and heart. Sometimes when I get in a bad place (my head) I ask myself what would they tell me if we were on the board now. Usually after a few minutes whatever was going on has dissipated and I silently thank them for their support that they didn't even know they gave. Kind of neat, huh.

Glad you are here, hope to see more of you.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery