- Hi, I'm Jim and I'm an addict

Hi, I'm Jim and I'm an addict

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi, I'm Jim and I'm an addict

Postby swimurman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm Jim and I'm an addict. Yes, I am an alcoholic, but I have been addicted to many objects and substances in my life including alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, work, and sex. Until I read the book The Addictive Personality, I never really saw all of my addictions as releated to and manifestations of the same disease process - addiction.

The addict in me has latched onto sex as his current object of addiction and I would appreciate corresponding with others who view their disease as something larger than just an exclusive addiction to a specific substance - alcohol.

Truth be know, I'm guessing many of us are addicts who have battled numerous addictions during our lives. It seems that alcohol is the most publicized addiction, but I think to focus on alcohol as the problem is too narrow of a focus and falls short of identifying the true problem - the pathology of addiction in an addictive personality.

I would love to hear from other addicts who feel the same way I do. And yes, I am an internet whore too, so expect to see me here more often than just every now and then!
swimurman

Postby Tina L. » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi Jim. Welcome to the site. Keep coming back!

Tina. xoxoxo
Tina L.

welcome, Jim

Postby musicmode » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:13 pm

My name's Anne, I'm an alcoholic, and yes...an addict.

Welcome to the site...set a spell & take a load off...ya'll'll be glad ya did. :wink:

Easy does it,

Anne M.
#######
musicmode

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery