- Happy New Years.

Happy New Years.

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Happy New Years.

Postby waitresscheryl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 am

I just want to say a Big Happy New Years to everyone. Cheryl
waitresscheryl

Happy New Year 2007!

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Hey Cheryl!!!

A "a Big Happy New Years" to you, too! And, a "a Big Happy New Years" to everyone else, too!

This morning I was thinking about how much better this New Year has started... than last year's New Year... and the one before... and the one before...and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before... and the one before!

Life keeps getting better and better and better and better... with the help of God, A.A., and A.A. members like all of you out there... and with some persistent and consistent efforts on my part, of doing what I need to be doing... regardless if I want to do it or not. :wink:

"If it's worth having... it's worth working for it! God, help me to be willing to work to get what I pray for!"

Best wishes to all of you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:37 am

Happy New Year to you all ~

Ya know, this holiday season brought some real family drama and chaos, and most of my time was spent extracting my 96 yr old dad from a horrible marriage out of state and bringing him back here (NOT something I ever thought would be in the cards for me!)....however, that's just fine. I realized that, at 4 yrs. sober now, I am finally growing up, and the self-pity is receeding, and I am able to be responsible and step up to the plate and do what needs to be done with minimal whining on my part.

I remember in early sobriety, I realized (or, more likely, someone pointed out to me - LOL) that my whole day didn't have to be ruined if I burnt the toast at breakfast. That really all that had happened was that I had burnt the toast. In the past, that would have guaranteed a lousy day. "Geez Louise, the frigging toaster burnt my toast, what the hell else is going to go wrong today, oh boy, I can just feel it in my bones, this day is going to really suck." yada yada yada. Now, I can isolate incidents as perhaps being unpleasant, and still simultaneously be happy about other things. That was another revalation - that I could feel two different things at once. I could be both upset with one person and content with my surroundings, for example. Used to be that I was only one thing - angry.

So that's how this holiday season was. First I got sick before Christmas. I felt physically lousy on Christmas Day as I cooked for 4 hours. But, everything else about the day was wonderful. New Years Eve Day, I was stressed about my dad and far from home....but I was in a beautiful hotel room with the softest bed and plushest blankets and pillows, and it felt so good when my weary body fell in to bed (hours before midnight).

It's all good. To learn how to take bad with good, and still come out with more good than bad, is a fantastic gift of sobriety.

Hope something I said made sense!! :lol:
anniemac

Happy News Years

Postby waitresscheryl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:42 am

What you had to say did make sense. It brought to mind, about what I was told in early sobriety, that if your day starts out bad, we can always start over. That helps me, when things don't always feel right. I do waitress work, and one day someone told me that they were having a bad day, without thinking about it, out of my mouth, was you can always start your day over. Talk about the funny look I got, that person was not in AA. Anyway, I thought it was sort of funny, they probably did not have a clue. :lol:
waitresscheryl

Postby bill » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:42 am

I hope all is going well so far. There are so few posts, you hardlyl know who is still with us!
bill

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 am

No hang overs here! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:20 pm

I'm still with us, Bill ~ or at least, I think I am!! I tend to only be on the computer during the work day, and sometimes I actually have to work for a living!! :shock:
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Hey Cheryl! We made it through New Years -- thanks to your wishes! :wink: Now, we're coming up on Valentines Day! Got any wishes for that? :oops: I sure would like to do well on Valentines Day!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery