- Hi, my name's Mike and I'm an alcoholic...

Hi, my name's Mike and I'm an alcoholic...

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi, my name's Mike and I'm an alcoholic...

Postby Sixkiller » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:47 am

A quick hello before I head up to bed. I'm grateful to have found this forum and thank you Dallas for setting me up.
I was looking for some step 'help' information and found that and more at this site. So I thought that I should register if for no other reason than to say thank you!
I specifically found the 4th step resources pretty handy and the forum posts helped me realize I was making the step way more complicated than it is...
Thanks-
Mike
Sixkiller

Postby Dallas » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:45 pm

Hello Mike! Welcome to the site!!!

Glad you found something useful here and that you've joined the forum and that you're sharing your experience with us. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Yep. The hardest thing about taking any of the Steps is thinking about them. :wink: When we get down to taking them... they're all pretty simple.

Good luck with your 4th -- 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th!!!

With each Step that I took I got better and better and better. That's why I keep taking them!

By the time I got to Step 10, it got so good that I wondered why I waited so long to take the Steps.... and why anyone else would wait so long to take them. What made it so long for me.... was my thinking about them. :oops:

Now, as I practice the 12 Steps, daily, I know what happens to me if I go too many days in a row without practicing them... my thinking starts drifting back to what it used to be like before I took the Steps.

I'm glad you're here Mike. I really do look forward to your sharing with us!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome to this forum!

Boy, can I relate to over-complicating the Steps...and many other things in my life! :oops:

I look forward to hearing your experience strength and hope as you work through (and live) these wonderful 12 Steps.

Anne
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:30 pm

Hello Mike! Haven't heard from you since you headed up for bed! You doing okay? I hope so!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery