- I'm Ali and I'm and Alcoholic

I'm Ali and I'm and Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

I'm Ali and I'm and Alcoholic

Postby alimbagirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 am

This is my first post. I have been looking at this site for some time, and reading things from it. I just printed some of the 4th step worksheets to help me be thorough with my 4th step. I am on that step now. I need to keep working on it, but it is painful, especially facing things with my ex-husband. I wanted to type my 4th step but my sponsor said no. I really don't understand why, but I know I have to do it the way she says to do it. I also listen to a lot of the audio files I have found online. I really like Bob E from Rondondo California (i think!). If anyone knows how to get more tapes of him or how to e-mail him I would appreciate it alot. Please don't tell me he is no longer with us....

Thanks.
alimbagirl

Hello Ali!!! Welcome!!!

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:02 am

Hello Ali!!! Welcome!!!

Glad you found the site and had the courage to join in and post your intro! I hope that you find lots of useful things here on the site and I especially hope that the 4th Step sheets help.

I understand why your sponsor probably said "NO" to typing the 4th Step! :wink: That was very wise of her. I can think of two major reasons not to type it. #1. The book instructs "pen and paper." And, #2. There is a definite psychological value to writing it out rather than typing it.

Bob E. ? I'm pretty sure I know who you're referring to. I'll send you a PM to let you know where you can get some more of his talks.

Looking forward to reading your shares on the forum!!!

Keep coming back! Or... better yet... just don't leave! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

4th Step

Postby alimbagirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm greatful for the support about my sponsor not letting me type the 4th step. I do trust her, but I am a typical alcoholic who will try to find the "easier, softer way". I am newly sober, but not new to the BB and the 12-steps. I came to Al-anon 13 years ago for 3 years and it was Black Belt Al-Anon. Our group went to see Mary Pearl and had a blast meeting her. She is another one who is very inspirational to me. I spent 10 years out of the program and realized that I was heading toward becoming an alcoholic, with my drinking and using. I am not 100% sure that I have the physical allergy, but as the disease is progressive, I am not willing to do any more experimentation. I know that I used alcohol to make my perceptions change, relieve stress, and enhance reality, and continued to drink with negative consequences. Therfore, with the desire to stop drinking, and a genetic predisposition to be alcoholic, I fully qualify to be a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.

If anyone out there has doubts, you probably are an alcoholic. And you don't want to continue to where it becomes a legal or relationship issue. Trust me!!!
alimbagirl

Postby anniemac » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Ali, and welcome to this site!

Ahh, Black Belt Al-Anon ~~ I could probably use some of that also. I used to attend Al-Anon regularly, in addition to AA, back when I wasn't working, but when my schedule tightened up I seemed to neglect the Al-Anon. Fortunately, my (AA) sponsor and other program friends have years of Al-Anon so I am able to hear their ES&H.

Hmmm, not familiar with Bob E., but I have a tape of Bob B. from St. Paul in my car tape deck right now, I love listening to him. There's a guy in the next town over who does taping at AA events nationwide, so when I go to him to purchase tapes he gives suggestions on who he thinks I'd relate to.

Interesting thoughts on the 4th Step ~~ I typed mine, maybe that's why I'm still stark raving mad! LOL!

All the best,
Anne
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:28 pm

Hey Ali! Haven't heard from you in a couple of days --- I hope all is well! Check in and let us know how you're doing!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery