- Hi, my name is Shelley

Hi, my name is Shelley

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi, my name is Shelley

Postby annepoly » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:41 pm

:) Hi, my name is Shelley and I am an alcoholic.
I am a 21 year old college student and I have struggled with alcohol since mid-high school. I think I have always known that one day I would have to quite the stuff entirely. Well, that day has come.
I have been sober for one week now and I have attended two meetings!!!I would have gone to more but I went out of town to visit my parents and tell them about my problem. I asked them for support and I am recieveing it.
This disease runs rampant through my families history. My great grandpa died of alcoholism and my aunt has been a roceovering alcoholic for ~20 years now. I am going to another beetin tonight and I am excited! I really look forward to participating in this forum. I need extra help!! For more on me, I will post something on the relationship forum. It seems my boyfriend and I are having some trouble now that I am seeking sobriety. He is not sure I am an alcoholic and I lied to him, so his trust for me is gone (for now).
Goodluck to everyone out there! :D I am sure your keeping it up!
annepoly

Postby anniemac » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Shelley,

Welcome to both AA and this on-line forum! There are a lot of young people in the meetings I go to and it warms my heart to see them come in to the Program at such a young age; if they do the work, they will have their whole lives ahead of them to reap the rewards of sobriety. Me, I got sober at 42, which gave me many years to do damage.

Relationships can be quite interesting in early sobriety. My husband didn't believe I was an alcoholic either, and he was quite jealous of all the new friendships I developed and the time I spent away from home at meetings. It took effort and stick-to-it-iveness to make it work.

Get a sponsor, continue with meetings, answers will come.

~ Anne
anniemac

Postby Fia » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi Shelley,

Welcome to Step12 and many congratulations on your week of sobriety! :D

It never amazes me to see how much I have in common with other folks in AA. My name's Fia ~ I'm 21 years old, too. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your meetings ~ I attended my first one last Thurday and I've never felt so welcome, nor gained such a sense of belonging. :D

Again, welcome. The people here are wonderful and very supportive...keep coming back.

My best wishes to you,
Fia
Fia

Postby Molly M. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey Shelley;

Welcome to AA :D :D It's a great place to be so grab your seat in the halls and hold on to it.

Molly M.
Molly M.

Thankf or the replies girls!

Postby annepoly » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:07 am

:Thank you so much for your support! I just got back from another meeting and it was so great. I look foward to going because it keeps be straight with what I want, SOBRIETY!
Its insane how good I feel and how much I have already been able to do without thinking about when my next drink is going to be. Alcohol was a reward for me. I know that its only been a week and I have a long, exciting, and difficult road ahead of me. Just not having to "count" on that drink at the end of the day or end of the week makes me a happier person. Im not as anxious or short with people.
So I was wondering if there are online meetings? And how do you find about them and how do they work? i would love to get connect with everyone online, especially the young people like me!
One day at a time!!!! :D
annepoly

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:40 am

Hey Shelley!!! Welcome to the site! Nice to have you here and nice to read your experience! Keep coming back!!!! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery