- Carrie, Alcoholic

Carrie, Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Carrie, Alcoholic

Postby CarrieR » Wed May 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi! Obviously I'm new to your site, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26 years old and have been in and out of the program since my first treatment at age 15. I am almost 6 months sober today. I am an alcoholic and an addict, but can't seem to find a good spot for me (AA, CMA, NA). It's great to be here, and I hope to talk to many of you soon!
CarrieR

Postby Dallas » Wed May 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Hello Carrie,

Nice to meet you and welcome to Step12.com!!!

Congrats on your six months sober!

Perhaps, you can find a good spot for yourself here with us!!! :wink:

Keep coming back! Hope to hear more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Wed May 02, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Carrie ~

Welcome, and congratulations on 6 months of sobriety!!

Why do you say that you can't find a good spot for you? Do you know which addiction is your primary addiction - the one you would choose over the others, the one you always returned to?

We've got a good spot for you here, just jump right in and tell us more about yourself!

Anne
anniemac

Postby Molly M. » Thu May 03, 2007 11:39 am

Hey Carrie,

Welcome to the forum.

I am an alcoholic and an addict, but can't seem to find a good spot for me (AA, CMA, NA).

LOL, I said the exact same thing when I came in. That was before I understood that I am an alcoholic. Even though I was in the halls, I had a sneaking suspicion that I just did alot of drugs and alcohol, but my life being unmanageable was the real problem; so when I figured out how to straighten out my life, I'd be able to drink and drug normally. I got a sponsor and told her that I just didn't feel comfortable at any of the meetings I went to--like I didn't really belong. She thought that was really funny :oops: :roll: :D But she explained to me that the only place my disease was going to let me feel comfortable was where I could get drugs and alcohol. That made some sense to me so I kept coming back.

And I hope you keep coming back--6 months is a big accomplishment :D :D
Molly M.

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery