- wanting to get to know more sober pople

wanting to get to know more sober pople

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

wanting to get to know more sober pople

Postby kdkat » Sun May 06, 2007 1:40 pm

hey, my name is Kat, I live in San Antonio, TX. I'm 25 and I've been in recovery since Feb.21,2007 (i have 2 mo. and a few weeks) I am going to school to be a medical assistant and I go to meetings a few times a week. My addition started when I was 13 first pot and alcohol, then x, acid, coke , and painkillers. I eventually began shooting up pain killers, then H. I've been to rehab 3 times. and methadone 1 time. The past couple of months have been awesome, I;m learning so much about who I am as a person. The hardest part is being comfortable in your own skin. Anyone who would like to chat from time to time, or knows of any good sites to go to let me know!!!
kdkat

Postby Dallas » Sun May 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Hey Kat!!! Welcome to the site! And, thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing your experience, strength and hope!!! I like to chat most all the time and to get to know other members of A.A. -- so, you've got one willing participant right here! :lol: A lot of people join the forum -- and then -- for some reason, we don't seem to hear much from them. So, I definitely look forward to hearing more from you!!! :wink: Maybe, if others see some lively conversation going on -- they'll feel more comfortable to joining in.

Regarding, "The hardest part is being comfortable in your own skin." -- I sure know what you mean!!! To be comfortable in my own skin -- while sober -- that was my biggest problem.

Now, sometimes -- I wonder if I got too comfortable! Life is good! The fellowship and friends in AA is good -- and, it's big!!! All over the world -- we've got friends in the fellowship, and if we are alone -- it's only because of our choice to be alone.

The change has been awesome for me to go from being uncomfortable while sober -- to being happy, joyous and free -- while sober!!! I often say, that it's through the program of recovery in AA, the 12 Steps, and the fellowship of other AA'ers -- that I've discovered a way of living that gives me everything that I was searching for in the bottle!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Welcome

Postby waitresscheryl » Mon May 07, 2007 2:43 am

Hi Kat, Welcome to the site, and congrats on your sobriety. Feel free to write anytime, although I do not always respond, I do generally read the posts. I do really enjoy this site. I hope you will to. Cheryl
waitresscheryl

Postby Molly M. » Mon May 07, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Kat;

Welcome to the halls. I love reading about young people getting clean and sober. I had to keep going for another 9 years--until I was 34, believe me those years were not worth it. I've heard many times in the halls that drinking or using never made any situation better--Boy is that true.

Molly
Molly M.

Postby anniemac » Tue May 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi Kat,

Welcome to this site and to sobriety! I was 13 or 14 when I started to steal my father's Valiums...did a lot of drugs when I was in high school and college...and beyond that too -- yet it was alcohol that totally brought me to my knees. I'm damn lucky the drugs didn't kill me, but they weren't my addiction, so I can't say I understand what it's like to be off of the drugs. I do relate to the feelings, though - being comfortable in my own skin has been a journey, not an event. It takes time, or at least it did for me ~ and the outcome has been well worth the work I've put in.

Hoping to hear more from you!

Anne
anniemac

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery