- Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi my name is Paula aka Dimples and I'm an alcoholic. I have been drinking hard liquor for 30 years, I'm 44 years old. Today is my 12th day and I'm thankful for this day. I came across this site by "accident"...does anything really ever happen by "accident"? I attend AA meetings here in Florida and I have been to a meeting everyday for the past 12 days. The meetings are my life line to sobriety. I have just gotten to step 2. One day at a time. I'm happy to have found this site. Good luck to all and God Bless.
Dimples

Postby anniemac » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Welcome, Paula, glad you find this place!

12 days without a drink is awesome. Wonderful that you are liking the meetings and are able to attend them regularly.

I've only been to one meeting in FL; it was a nice early-morning beach meeting on Singer Island. I know a few AA women down in FL in various parts of the state. They all say that they have fantastic meetings near them.

Here's looking toward Day #13!

Anne
anniemac

Postby Dallas » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:41 am

Hello Dimples!!! :lol:

Welcome to the site and to the forums!!!

I'm glad that our accident found you! We were looking for you! :lol: :lol:

Also looking to hear some more from you! Congrats on the 12 days!

Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Thank you both, yes I will keep coming back.
P
Dimples

Postby garden variety » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Paula Dimples,

Glad to see you here. Also glad to see that you're up to step 2 in twelve days. I don't think you can work the steps too fast. The steps are "the suggested program" of recovery. So when someone talks about "the program" that's what it's all about. So you "work the program" and "join the fellowship" - not the other way around. The fellowship can help with your sobriety by sharing experience, strength and hope, but not without you working a program which is working the 12 steps/

If you are an alcoholic, then "you are suffering from an illness that only a spiritual experience can conquer" - that comes right out of the book. And the only way to get that spiritual experience is by working and living the 12 steps. So if you're working the steps, keep doing what you're doing. And do it with "all the desperation of drowning men" but for you it will be "drowning women".

God bless and welcome,
Paul
garden variety

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Thanks Paul - The first 2 steps were easy. #3 is gonna take some time. I am in no rush to finish the steps, its a lifetime work in progress as I see it. When I'm "done" (BTW I will never be done) with the steps and the BIG BOOK and the 12/12 and whatever other material I get my hands on, there is NO diploma waiting for me, no graduation ceremony, only my continued work and efforts to save myself and anyone else I can take with me...Thanks again for your post, I'm looking forward to hearing more from all of you!
Peace!
P
Dimples

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery