- Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello

Postby userabuser » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:48 am

My name is Jamey, I am an alcoholic. I have been sober since 6/10/2007. I have a hard time admitting & sharing my problem with anyone. I need to stop drinking.
userabuser

Postby Dallas » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:26 am

Hi Jamey!!! My name is Dallas, and I'm alcoholic, too! :wink:

I have an easy time admitting and sharing my problem with everyone! And, I no longer drink! I have been sober since November 14th, 1986. Imagine that! :lol:

However.... there was a time... when it was hard, for me, too -- to admit and share my problem with anyone!!! I couldn't even admit or share it with myself! And, there are times... now... that it's not always so easy for me to share about a problem.

It took me time and hard-knocks and pain, and kicking and screaming and fighting -- to finally change! :wink:

Hopefully, it will come easier and more natural for you! But, if it doesn't... then, just remember... "you are not alone!"

Welcome to the site and to the forums! Thank you for mustering up the courage to share! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Jamey,

Congratulations on your first week of sobriety! That is awesome.

Remember that alcoholism is not a moral failing or the result of a weak-willed person. I don't know anyone who would have chosen to live a life of hell and pain. What we have is a disease.

The beauty of Alcoholics Anonymous is that you can share about your disease with other people who have the same disease. We can identify, we relate. You don't have to be alone.

Glad you found your way here!

Anne
anniemac

Postby garden variety » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi Jamie,

My name's Paul and I'm an alcoholic just like you. Today when I woke up, I had just as much power over alcohol as you do. None. Many of us have been sober for years, but you know every day when we wake up, we are just as powerless over alcohol as when we first stopped drinking.

This morning I came to believe that my Higher Power could and would give me the power to stay sober over the next 24 hours, both physically and emotionally. I know because he's done it time and again every day for some time now. Then I turned my will and the care of my life over to my Higher Power. And you know what? I have a lock on sobriety for the time I'm awake today. That is a miracle for any alcoholic.

Thanks for joining us and welcome.
garden variety

Postby userabuser » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Being able to post here and reading your replies helped me make it through the weekend. I'm looking forward to posting here more, for now I have to go to work. :?
userabuser

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery