- Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello Everyone

Postby TinaL » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and new to A.A. (5 ½ months sober)!:lol: I am really shy!! :oops: Like when I show up at the A.A. meetings, I just want to sit and listen. I don't know what to say other than "My name is Tina, and I'm an alcoholic." I am kind of afraid to say anything because I don’t know anything about staying sober. I know how to drink and I know how to talk about drinking. I know that when I do talk about drinking, it makes me thirsty and makes me want to drink. So that is enough about drinking except that my husband still drinks. :cry:

I have been visiting this site for the past few months and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who shares in this forum. I am learning so much from every one of you guys. Ya’ll are great!! 8) Everyday I find something from this site that I needed just for today! :D

Any communication from you all is welcomed! :wink:
Tina
TinaL

Postby anniemac » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Tina!

Welcome to step12.com, I'm glad that you popped in to introduce yourself. Congratulations on your sober time!

My husband still drank when I got sober. I sponsor two women whose husbands drank when they got sober. It may not be the ideal situation, but it is absolutely do-able.

I used to be very shy myself - as a kid. Alcohol cured that, and thankfully when I quit the booze the shyness didn't return. It's a bit easier to talk on line than in person sometimes, so feel free to keep sharing with us!

Anne
anniemac

Postby rockingchair » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 pm

Good to hear from you Tina! Keep coming back! There's a lot here in this forum that has helped me too. I see you are from Arkansas. There's a lot of great sobriety and meetings there. I'm from the west coast of Florida, but grew up in the Midwest. Hope to hear from you again soon in this forum!

Rockingchair
rockingchair

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:49 am

Hello Tina!!!! I apologize for not seeing your message here, sooner! I've been working a lot and I missed it! However, I'm really glad you're here and I'm happy to see you participating!!! Welcome!

They are having the Arkansas State A.A. Convention this week-end in Hot Springs, at the Arlington Hotel. It's going to be a lot of fun -- with a couple of thousand sober alcoholics having a big party and a great time, with dances, and food, and fellowship and great speaker meetings. I hope you're planning to attend! It isn't too far from Little Rock. And, it will go from Thursday or Friday night -- all the way through till Sunday morning! I hope you can make it.

I went to my first A.A. Convention when I was 60 days sober -- and it was unbelievable! It's an experience that I'm sure you won't want to miss. And, if you do decide to go -- let me and some of the people here know that you'll be going -- and we'll look for you! I'm pretty excited about it because I've been planning for it all year -- and some work problems came up that almost made it so that I wasn't going to get to go. But, for today... that's all changed and I'll be there! I hope to see you there!

And, keep coming back! It's great to hear from you on the site!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby TinaL » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks to everyone for your welcoming words of wisdom!! :lol: Ya'll are great! :wink:
TinaL

Postby DebbieV » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:44 am

Hey Tina,

Good to see another member from Arkansas, I was wondering if Dallas and I were the only ones sober in the state :lol:

Hope you made it down to Hot Springs this weekend. I wish so much that I could have made it.

Don't worry about the shy thing, there are no judgements here. My mom always says there is no such thing as a stupid question and I believe that. I however may take that too far like I seem to do alot of things.
Your in the right place. I have come to love this site and it helps me through alot of hard times. Just remember it may be hard to find people who care in the 'real world' but you are loved here, as well as being understood.

Keep coming back Tina, we all need you.
:D :D :D :D :D
Deb
DebbieV

Postby TinaL » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:24 am

Hey Deb,

Thanks for your warm welcoming words; they mean so much to me! I’m like you; I have come to love this site because it has helped me through a lot of hard times over the past few months! I can sit and read this forum for hours and I usually find someone else’s situation to be very similar to mine and it is just amazing how I can get a new perspective on things by reading how others are handling the same type of situation. Thank you all who share here!! :lol:

You are so right about finding people who care out in the “real worldâ€
TinaL

Postby Dallas » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:43 am

I wished that both of you could have made it down to Hot Springs this weekend!!!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 am

Hi Tina,

Welcome to the board. Sorry I'm late in greeting you. I think I greeted you before, but then the board blew up and we lost a few things.

Anyway welcome and keep coming back. I'm glad you find help here.

God bless,
Paul
garden variety

Postby TinaL » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:23 pm

Thanks Paul for your welcome! Your right, I had previously posted and you had greeted me then. It did get lost but that is okay... I'm just glad to be here with all you guys... :lol:
TinaL

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery