- Sandra, Alcoholic from Hamburg, Germany

Sandra, Alcoholic from Hamburg, Germany

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Sandra, Alcoholic from Hamburg, Germany

Postby SandraHH » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:58 am

Hi everybody,

I am Sandra, I am alcoholic, a sober member of AA, and very happy to read all your messages here living a sober and joyful life.

I am 36 years old, married. My AA homegroup is in Hamburg, Germany - so I am not a native speaker and some of my posts and comments might be a little funny ;-) and actually its my first time in such a forum and I don't know what to post *argh* trying to be perfect and "right" again.... same old story!

ok, here is some of my story: Grew up on the German countryside, started drinking when I was twelve - felt good from the first sip, because it filled this hole inside of me. Felt strong and right - and I felt as if I could relate to other people, first time in my life! Well. twenty years later, I couldn't relate to anybody anymore - i was alone, afraid and I had no clue what to do with my life despite drinking. I couldn't move on like that. so I tried AA ...
and I felt like home !!!

Today, nearly four years later my life was changed completly by my HP.
I found love, peace, freedom - and I believe in my Higher Power. This is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I am so happy to be part of this community, to be part of the wonder!

thanks for letting me share,
Sandra

SandraHH

Postby garden variety » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Sandra,

Glad to see you here and welcome. I got folks in Honaker Germany - my grandparents came from there. It's great that we have this "common problem" and "common solution" because we all speak a language we can understand.

What a blessing!

Welcome again,
Paul
garden variety

Postby carol1017 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Welcome, Sandra!

My father was born in Bergedorf -- small world!

We all speak the "language of the heart", so we will always understand.

Welcome!
carol1017

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Hey Sandra!!!!

Glad to see you introduced yourself! I hope to hear lots from you!

Welcome to the Forum!!!

I don't know where the heck my relatives are from -- but, I do know that I'm alcoholic!!! :lol: I'm sober through AA -- so, that gives us a pretty strong identification right there!

At this moment, I'm sitting in my sister's living room, with her friend who is from Freiburg, Germany! He said it's the most beautiful city in Germany, and that they have good food and good wine!!! (He is non-alcoholic, and he is Al-anon)!!!

Yep. It's a really small world!

Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby anniemac » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:47 am

Hi Sandra,

Welcome! Your English is wonderful. I have some German blood in me - Prussian, actually.

Glad to have you here with us!

Anne
anniemac

Postby DebbieV » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:21 am

Hey Sandra,

A big welcome from this side of the pond. I agree with Anne, your English is wonderful. It's my native language, and you do better than I do sometimes. :D

Look forward to seeing you post in the future.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:17 pm

And, we all speak the language of AA sobriety!!!
Imagine that!!! :lol:

We are kin to each other, regardless of where we are from, where we were born, what happened (becasue we drank till we were related through alcoholism, and we got sober in AA, and are now members and family through AA), and where we are now physically located! :lol:

What we were like -- what happened -- and what we are like now!

Kuel!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:22 pm

Dallas Wrote:

And, we all speak the language of AA sobriety!!!
Imagine that!!!

We are kin to each other, regardless of where we are from, where we were born, what happened (because we drank till we were related through alcoholism, and we got sober in AA, and are now members and family through AA), and where we are now physically located!

What we were like -- what happened -- and what we are like now!

That was great Dallas, and so, so true. That is why I love this site so much.

Debbie
DebbieV

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery