- Hi every one

Hi every one

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi every one

Postby 918gma » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:17 am

It's been a long time since I have been on this forum. It's kind of strange to be back. My name is Kathy and I have been sober for a about three and a half years now. I know beyond any doubt that I am an alcoholic and this program has saved my life.
I have learned so many things since I have been a member it's hard to decide where to begin. First and formost I learned that I am not unique, and that I am not the worlds leading authority on anything. Although that came as quite a shock to me at first, it has been a great source of comfort over the course of time. I am responsible for my actions and only my actions. I can't fix advise or change anyone else or any thing, unless they want to change. I have no control over that. What a relief that has been.
I discovered too that the reason I wanted to fix everyone else, was to avoid looking at myself. That was an eye opener for me too. When I went through the steps the first time, I was amazed that I knew very little about myself and what made me so miserable. With the help of a sponsor I was reconnected with a power greater than myself and given a chance to get to know me for who I really was. What made me tick and what ticked me off.
All of those character defects were based on self. I just didn't know or understand any other way until I came into this program and was given an opportunity to face life on life's terms. The most imortant discovery was that I didn't have to do it alone.
I have learned to be a friend and how to have friends too. These have been miricles in my life. I was a very lonly and sad person before I got sober.
I'm not perfect by any strech, but today I know I have choices and opportunities to learn even more each and every day. I have hope today that I might one day become excatly the person I have always believed I could be. That will take time and it also means that I have to keep coming back. :lol: :D :) :)
918gma

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:23 am

Hey Kathy!!!! :shock:

It's about time you showed up! :lol:

I would imagine -- that a whole lot of something has gone on since the last time we spoke!

I hope you and your family are doing well.

It's nice to see you, nice to talk to you and always nice to read you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery