- Gday all

Gday all

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Gday all

Postby GeoffS » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:54 am

Gday, my name is Geoff and I'm an alcoholic.

Good to be hear, found the site last week, and have read lots since.

As with all meetings, have read some stuff I agree with and some I don't.

I do get a sense of fellowship here however and hope I can join in and be a part of it.

Thanks
Geoff
GeoffS

My name is Anne, I'm an alcoholic

Postby musicmode » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:17 am

Welcome aboard Geoff,

Same here as everywhere...take what you need and leave the rest.

Keep it simple,
Anne M.
musicmode

Postby anniemac » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:21 am

Hey Geoff,

Welcome, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Anne
anniemac

Postby GeoffS » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome, look forward to talking with everyone :D
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Hello Geoff,

Welcome to the site! Glad to see you participating in the forums!

There's stuff here that I agree with and do not agree with, also.

Sometimes -- it's the stuff that I prevously wrote -- that I don't agree with! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's because every morning I wake up and try to keep my mind open and fresh and willing to look at things from a different direction -- so that I can continue to grow in understanding and effectiveness. And, on a Monday I might be thinking one thing -- and by Tuesday morning I've discovered more information and already changed my mind about it! :lol:

That has been one of the most beautiful things that A.A. has done for me -- it has taught me that "it's okay for me to change my mind!" And, in most areas -- it has encouraged it!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Gday all

Postby littlemiss » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:51 pm

GeoffS wrote:Gday, my name is Geoff and I'm an alcoholic.

Good to be hear, found the site last week, and have read lots since.

As with all meetings, have read some stuff I agree with and some I don't.

I do get a sense of fellowship here however and hope I can join in and be a part of it.

Thanks
Geoff

Hi, Geoff! Well, we DON'T have to agree w/ every single thing anyone says here or in meetings...Humans are fallible, afterall. And NOT everything in life is black-&-white...the Big Book has Specific Guidelines/A Program...but our higher Power guides us as to the nuances/daily decisions/actions we must individually take within those guidelines...& in how those guidelines will work themselves out in our own personal lives...NOT in John's or Jane's lives... :wink:

Even my Sweet Mum...who IS an "Old-Timer" (27 years in A.A. & still going strong) says she hears a lot of bologna in A.A. rooms (even from other "old-timers--GASP!!!)...folks thinking that they are just espousing A.A. dogma...but we ALL have our own bias & opinions...human nature & such...

THAT is why I like that we are supposed to offer "suggestions" & our experience/strength/&hope...

I find the A.A.-ers that have what I want (& who seem sane & serene...:)...& listen w/ discernment w/ God's help...& my sweet sponsor is just the RIGHT ONE for me...cuz of course, God arranged it so...

BUT, I also LEARN A LOT from those that do NOT have what I want...by listening to THEM...I'm finding it best to just shut-the-HELL-up at meetings & listen to EVERYTHING...'tis working for ME so far...

Am 21 Days sober Today...& I think the Happiest-Giddy-Girl in the rooms of late...Hee! My Mum has NEVER gone out in her 27 years...so I have HOPE for ME...she's a "winner..."
littlemiss

Postby pglock45 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:07 pm

Welcome Geoff
Heep comin' back It works if you work it.
Pat
pglock45

Postby pglock45 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Heep comin' back??!! Y ou've gotta be kiddin' me.. My damned fingers are faster than my alcoholic brain . Try again.

Welcome Geoff!!! Keep comin' back . It works if you work It.
Thanks Pat
pglock45

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery