- Expect the UnExpected...

Expect the UnExpected...

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Postby Dallas » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:05 am

Hey Zip!!! Thanks for sharing that! Meant a whole bunch to me. Words could never express the feelings. Thank you for being the example that you are... and for sharing it with me. Much appreciated.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Hello Rusty Zipper

Postby Spiritman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 am

I loved the sharing of you recent blessings from your recovery community.

One time in my life I was lost, broke, and frightened like never before. I was sober... but for how long?

I could tell the story, but not tonight.

Several men in the AA community opend doors for me in my turmoil, they helped me pay bills, provided a job... and a place to live if needed! This was September 1992 and a true blessing.
I am so happy that there are so many people in AA that help each other whenever, wherever, however they can, with no expectation of reward of repayment.

I have learned to practice serenityach in stead of preache

Pax,

The Spiritman
Spiritman

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:47 am

Hey Spiritman!

I'm really glad you're here with us! Thank you for your awesome sharing, also.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Hello Dallas

Postby Spiritman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:07 pm

Yes!
It is good to get back to this web page, oops, excuse me, It is great to Log into the AA world! And you have set it up in a manner that allows me immediate access to the recovery family.

At the noon meeting today I mentioned the web page to a few folks. They thought I was crazy, my sponsor did not think so!

The Step12.com world is actually the 12 Step Realm: "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

The Step12.copm realm is a place for all to practice, experience and share the process of each step...

What the heck, It's great.

I learn a great deal, I am reminded of a bunch of stuff I say I forgot (actually have forgotten some).

I can go on and on.

Peace, Serenity, Recovery,

The Spiritman
Spiritman

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:09 am

Spiritman,

Thank you. 8)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:06 am

well i do not go around look'n for some unexpected things in my life for shure. i just go about life ... i know that what i want, and what happens do not alway connect. we hear talk about when our will conforms to Gods will, we are on track.... my will has got'n me into yet another financial wart... i take responsibility for that... i just do a bit more, whatever it takes... of course legal and honest... today i went to the mailbox, dread;n it, and to my surprise was a letter from my Godmother.... woe, theres that word again God... i open it, and there's a check for $100.00, ok, this is not the first time $$$ has come to me in recovery, more important what was said in the letter...." Dear Patrick.... Always knew you could do it... keep up the good work, I'm proud of you, love you, Aunt ??? ### ####" now this was written by a mother woe's son died from this disease... yep, my blood cousin... was sober almost a year, after a lifetime of abuse, drop'd dead of a heart attack... all the hard years were too much for him... i'm the blessed one, we used to run together... i was drive'n to the homegroup to night thinking of this... my departed Granny, My Aunt, and Da Mamma all have one thing in common, FAITH, it got um through all sorts of chitz.... my Aunt wrote the word Proud... now i am included right there with them, i have found the key... Faith... all is as it should, by doing the next right thing... thanks for let'n me share... xxoo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Money in the mail

Postby wareagle10 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:22 am

Ah, Patrick me lad, you are truly one of a kind as I said before. You are an inspiration to me. Your sharing always has such a humble message that sticks with me.
My brother is/was an alcoholic, as was my sister and ME, family disease, damn right. I remember that I would talk to my mother and aunts and they would always say that they would be so happy if Walt would ever sober up and get his life together. Family is always waiting, and they are the first ones to welcome us back. They live for the day that we can finally find some purpose to live right. And when we find it they are overjoyed, sometimes we never know how much we have enhanced their lives, that we have given them joy and comfort. We have been touched by something that we cannot understand or explain, but we know that we have gained something that we didn't have before, but that our families always knew was there. You were fortunate to have an aunt that wanted to tell you how much you meant to her and how happy you have made her, she is proud of you. Those are great words for an alkie. I share your good feelings. Thanks for sharing that.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Previous

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety