Expect the unexpected?

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?
Don G.

Expect the unexpected?

Postby Don G. » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Expect the unexpected?

I never expected nor suspected that A.A. would really work for a drunk of my type. But it did. I am grateful that I came to A.A. and stayed long enough to discover that it would work for me if I would work for it!

The only variable there is in A.A., as to whether it will work for you, is "if" you will work for it!

Don G.

howdy, howdy

Postby musicmode » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 pm

Name's Anne, I'm an alcoholic,

I was told early on that the only wrong way to do the steps is not doin' 'em, that simple. Keep yir feet movin', idle feet, idle mind>leads to thoughts that take up too much time&space. :wink: . My experience has been, when I work the steps, even just a little...good things happen, so when I really sink my teeth into, I'm shocked beyond any expectations I only thought I had. A member once said to me that my dreams would all come true, he added to that that, I likely didn't even know what those dreams were at that point&that I likely didn't even know what he was talkin' about, but he promised me that I would if I kept workin' this program. He was right, & there're times when he still continues to be, indeed, correct. So long as I can tell the difference between a dream,& a wild imagination (alcoholic thinkin'), anythin' is attainable...'specially if I remain of humility, grateful&sober.

Thanks for lettin' me share,
Anne 8)

Tina L.

Postby Tina L. » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:39 pm

i never expected to be able to be sober this long. if it was not for god and aa, and many people who have been helping me i would not even be alive today. thanks to you all. tina. xoxoxo

Return to “Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety”