- 30 days

30 days

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

30 days

Postby angel143 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 am

Hi to all of you! How are you all doing today? I am hoping happy and healthy...and sober!

Well...today is 30 days! Yep, 30 days! I have gone 30 days without a drink. I am so happy about it.

Each day I wake up happier and happier.

I feel like a totally different person. I like...er....love, the person I am. And, from what I have been told...it only gets better. I dont wanna miss anything. Good or bad. I want to experience it all. With un-numbed being.:cool:

I have an 8pm meeting tonight where I will very proudly walk up and get my chip!

I even got to help 2 newcomers last night. (dont worry, it was truly a question I could handle, cause I asked the same one my 1st day). They saw the birthdays for July listed on the board. And one of them said 'they celebrate bdays of kids? Cause there is one up there that will be 2.' So I explained to them what the bdays meant. They then asked what you had to do to be part of the 'home group'. I directed them to the chair of the meeting. He looked at me and laughed...said, 'you know the answer to that, why didnt you just answer it?' HA....I did know the answer. But I didnt wanna press my luck!

The people in my meetings are all so caring and wonderful. I learn something from all of them.

I also love everyone here. I kinda like to consider this site home group #2. :D

Thank you to all of you for helping me and for caring. I can never thank you enough.

I love all of you
Heather
angel143

Postby Dallas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Congratulations on your 30 Days Heather!

You're an Old-timer now!!! :lol: :lol:

(not really... got a couple more months to go... will six do?) :lol:

Do you come with instructions?

(The answer to the question is: "Yes! They're in the Big Book!) :lol:

It is really awesome to see your progress. Something deep inside me said "She might clean up pretty good!) :lol:

I know that your boys, and your mom and your dad, are all very proud of you too, and they are so happy to see you sober and happy!!! You have a wonderful family... you're a very lucky lady... a family like your's is priceless and rare indeed!!!

We're proud of you Heather!!! aka Star! aka Angel! aka Moon Child!!! :wink:

Keep coming back -- sober -- you're helping me to stay sober!!!

I look forward to singing Happy Birthday to you... when you get your 1 Year Candle!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:18 pm

WOO HOO !!!!! HAPPY 30 DAYS
to our blossoming MOONSTARANGEL FLOWER :lol: :lol:
LUV U
ccs

Postby angel143 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Thank you guys so much!

Yes, for the most part, I now come with instructions. The BB. Otherwise...nope, play at your own risk! :lol:

I love you guys
angel143

Congrats

Postby BostonGuy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Heather,

Congrats!!! 30 Days is a miracle!!

On my 30th day of sobriety I was reconciling my bank statement! Panick set in, because I had too much money in my account!!! Slowly it dawned on my that it was due to my sobriety!! I wasn't spending money in bars and liquor stores!!! That made my 30 day just a little more special!!

Congratulations!

Boston Guy (Sober 139 Days, a day at a time)
BostonGuy

Postby ccs » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey Boston guy nice to hear from you how have you been ? you should stop by and say hello more often I thought we may have lost you I`m so happy that we didnt congrats on 139 days :D :D
KCB Cess
ccs

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories