- What its like now

What its like now

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

What its like now

Postby Madmax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Tell me please about the mirracle thats happened to you and what its like now and what dreams have come true.
regards Tez
Madmax

Postby sunlight » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Count me in!

First, I no longer have the compulsion to drink! :shock: This is the biggest miracle for an alcoholic like me and I never take for granted the miraculous gift of sobriety. Of course I have to work for it, but there's no more satisfying work that I know of!

I have the love and respect of my family and friends and fellows. I am free to live and love and laugh. I'm not rich or famous or outstanding in any way (but I am, like all alcoholics, good looking! :lol: ) but I am SO happy with all the little joys and blessings and surprises that come my way every day that it's astounding.

Today, where there is hatred, I can bring love. Where there is wrong, I can bring the spirit of forgiveness. Where there is discord, I can bring harmony. Where there is error, I can bring truth. Where there is doubt, I can bring faith. Where there is despair, I can bring hope. Where there is shadows, I can bring light. Where there is sadness, I can bring joy. I can comfort, understand, love, forget myself and forgive. I am fully alive and spiritually awake.

These are true miracles for an alcoholic like me!
(Thanks for the help, St. Francis!)

Honor bright, Sunlight :wink:
sunlight

Postby gunner48 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Go to forum Came to Believe and read Did God Walk Or Did I. My personal story.
Gunner
gunner48

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories