What its like now

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.
Madmax

What its like now

Postby Madmax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Tell me please about the mirracle thats happened to you and what its like now and what dreams have come true.
regards Tez

sunlight

Postby sunlight » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Count me in!

First, I no longer have the compulsion to drink! :shock: This is the biggest miracle for an alcoholic like me and I never take for granted the miraculous gift of sobriety. Of course I have to work for it, but there's no more satisfying work that I know of!

I have the love and respect of my family and friends and fellows. I am free to live and love and laugh. I'm not rich or famous or outstanding in any way (but I am, like all alcoholics, good looking! :lol: ) but I am SO happy with all the little joys and blessings and surprises that come my way every day that it's astounding.

Today, where there is hatred, I can bring love. Where there is wrong, I can bring the spirit of forgiveness. Where there is discord, I can bring harmony. Where there is error, I can bring truth. Where there is doubt, I can bring faith. Where there is despair, I can bring hope. Where there is shadows, I can bring light. Where there is sadness, I can bring joy. I can comfort, understand, love, forget myself and forgive. I am fully alive and spiritually awake.

These are true miracles for an alcoholic like me!
(Thanks for the help, St. Francis!)

Honor bright, Sunlight :wink:

gunner48

Postby gunner48 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Go to forum Came to Believe and read Did God Walk Or Did I. My personal story.
Gunner

Return to “Addiction Recovery Stories”