- Hi everybody

Hi everybody

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Hi everybody

Postby 918gma » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:35 pm

My name is Kay.

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a soda addict I'm also 198gma's middle daughter. Some of you already know me.
Living with a recovering alcoholic is hard some times. I get mad when she goes to meeting, but I know she has to go. I am worried about her health right now. Her disease did bad things to her body, and that scares me. It's scary to think that she might not be with me all the time. I don't like to be scared. I'm glad she is finally learning to take better care of herself. I hope it's not too late. :D :D :D :D

Hey guys, its me. Kay is my handicapped daughter. She is 25 years old with the mind set of a 5 year old. She wanted to write to you because she's having a ruff time with all the changes my health problems have created. The words are hers, I just typed them.
918gma

Postby Woodstock » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:20 pm

Kay - When mommy stopped drinking she began to get better immediately. Everyday in everyway mommy gets better when she doesn't drink booze. Give mommy a hug everyday and tell her you love her (she loves you).

Staying away from booze helps give mommy the chance to stay with you for as long as is possible.

918 - Don't drink booze, eat well, excercise and TAKE YOUR MEDICINE.

:P :P
8) 8) 8)
Woodstock

The Tin Man

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:51 pm

hi there kay, and hi 9... Kay did you ever see The Wizard of oz?. i did, many many times. there is something in that movie, not many people remember, or even know. The Scarecrow wanted a brain, and The Cowardly Lion, why The Lion wanted courage. and The tin Man! ... The Tin Man had a choice, it was asked of him, Tin Man what do you want. The tin Man thought, i dont have a brain, nor do i have a heart. which one do i choose. after carefull consideration, i choose a heart he said... because a heart can never hurt anyone!.... 9, you wrote me and said i was what the doc perscribed today! ... well Kay was my RX, for the day!... Kay my prayers are with you, and you too 9. have to go, ttus. just wanted to come on and let all who care, i'm ok, and Trudging! i see you all real soon. i come back y'a'll ... all my love and good wishes, Rusty :wink: ...ohoh, there was a song written about this. can anyone "Name That Tune?" ... lol...bfn
Rusty Zipper

Thank you all

Postby 918gma » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Kay was thrilled to hear from all of you. I think it has done her some good. She loves to hear from you guys. Feel free to write her any time the mood strikes you. Kathy
918gma

Hi Kay

Postby musicmode » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:58 am

Hi Kay...I know that it might be hard to understand when Mommy needs to go out to a meeting...she knows that while she's out, there's a Higher Power watchin' over both of you, in God's hands, y'all's perfectly safe. When you feel like you're scared, it's okay to pray, and when Mommy gets home, both of you feel better. You can write to me whenever you are scared, okay.

You know, it's interesting...(my name is Anne, I am an alcoholic), one night a couple of weeks ago, I had full intentions of going to a meeting, but ended up not goin' (don't remember the excuse I used for not going--but the 'reason' just might grab ya). It would-a been 'bout half-way or so through the meetin' when the phone rang, and it was my sponsor's 11 year old daughter, my sponsor of course was at the meeting, & her daughter was home by herself 'n got scared, she only lives a few blocks from me, so I headed on over there & sat with her 'til her Mom came home after the meeting. Said she heard some stuff goin' on outside, 'course nothin' was up when I got there...but...just the same...God places us in positions to be of service in ways we might not even think about. :wink: . In the Spirit of the fellowship, Anne M.
musicmode

Anne

Postby 918gma » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:35 pm

Thank you for sharing with Kay and I. It is odd some times when we think about it. Letting ourselves be completely led by our Hp puts us in places we would never have thought of being on our own. It has brought peace to me, a peace that I have never felt before, and I have come to crave it. Thank you for sharing.
918gma

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories