- Alcoholic tantrum

Alcoholic tantrum

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Who's the fool

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:50 pm

Hey Mr. Zipper: Glad you received the book, I'll be interested in seeing what you think of it. I'm looking into a way to make them myself, I've been to a couple of office supply places and they have all the stuff needed to put them together. I am also trying to locate Lyle's nephew in Beatrice, Nebraska to see if there is the possibility of getting the discs and maybe buying his equipment to continue what he started. They don't have a central office in Beatrice, only in Omaha and Lincoln so they don't know who Lyle was but the manager of the Omaha office said he would try to find out something for me. Haven't heard yet.

I do refrigeration and air conditioning service and bumping my head is one of daily procedures for taking a service call. Usually I get shocked and then I jump back and bump my head which causes me to lose my temper and I generally take a poke at something which does more harm to me than to the object. Many times I have left a call and look like I just went 10 rounds with someone I shouldn't have.

Take care of that noggin and I'll look for your post on the book.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby cinderbobble » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:41 am

Today, I locked my keys in my car, housekeys and all. I didn't have a spare housekey, so had to use a ladder and climb in a window! Well, guess what! I'd like to say, I serenely took it one step at a time, but I didn't. I got irrate with the woman I was shopping with, we were going shopping, I had promised her we would go even though I didn't really want to, but I didn't REALLY want to go. So, in my mind I blamed her! Would you believe it? How much sense does that make! She didn't lock the keys in the car, it was my mindlessness. Maybe I was dwelling on my own righteousness (patting myself on the back for following through on a commitment). So, despite all of that, I was able to accomplish getting the car keys and a neighbor drove me to the car. My point is, even though I still do not do this perfectly, it was still progress over a previous reaction. Case in point, several years ago, I did same thing, not only did the battery die, but I locked the keys in my car. I was so mad, andfrustrated 'Why do these things ALWAYS happen to ME!'... Well, I did call an old timer, crying because I didn't have much resources then and had to pay a locksmith. After patiently listening to me, he said, M, how important is this going to be a month from now! Well! Though I was still wimpering, I have never since forgotten what he said. So, today, even though I was 'wimpering' in my mind, I didn't have to make another suffer (too much anyway)... and things turned out all right. My point here, being, this program is about progress not perfection. And even though I may continue to rant, rave, and stomp my feet, I do not do it as often. Where that used to be the rule, it is more the exception today. I can appreciate that!
cinderbobble

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:33 am

CB, well said.. and if you remember today... the foot stomp'n tommorow, might be at a sober dance... stomp'n to the Boogie, Woogie.........follow Gods lead.... ya do'n ok, just keep move'n ahead....... all good wishes, and of course, teach only love.... The Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Previous

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories