- 30 Days!!!

30 Days!!!

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

30 Days!!!

Postby 1dayatatime36 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:52 am

:D I have just made my first 30 days of sobriety, and i feel GREAT!! When I first decided that i was going to try to make that drink my last, 30 days ago, i felt that i had nothing left of my self worth..i felt so ashamed, guilt ridden, and all around me was darkness..I went the first two weeks thinking that i could do it by myself..self help, by myself, well i found out that doesn't work, i couldn't even leave my home for fear that i knew i would stop at the liquor store if i left the safety of my home..and i knew then that i had to not only stop drinking, but learn how to live and not drink..that is when i called AA..The first step, the only step, and the hardest step i made, but it was what has saved me and got me to my first 30 days of sobriety..because by making that phone call, it got me connected to people just like me, just like you, and to this board..I am not able to make many meetings right now, and so really i owe so much to all the support i have gotten right here, which i have been told is actually a meeting, just in "TYPING" form!! And they were right, because i can do here what is done in a meeting..But I also know how important making those meetings are..To be able to speak out, listen, learn, and be accepted by others for who i am and who i want to be...So, with that said, Good Night, and thanks for letting me share my greatest gift to me, my sobriety..GOD Bless..Tonya
1dayatatime36

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:15 am

tonya hun, congrats on 30 days.... i related.... on line meets are good.... but be carefull w/ the honesty bit.... from first hand we can be anything we hope to be in cyberspace... the camealian... as the book calls it.... 1on1 in person, way better... but as long as your as honest as can be.... cyberrecovery is amazeing... hey, we can stil call you on your chitz here if need be. lol!... stick around, we love you.... all good wishes, and teach only love...PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:02 pm

Congratulations on your 30 Days Tonya!!!!

That is absolutely awesome!!!! And, guess what? Depending on which actions you take... it gets better and better and better and better and better and better! So far... you're talking ALL thrig right actions!!!

Best to you!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories