- Had to post this

Had to post this

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Had to post this

Postby Buck V » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Hey Guys,

Not sure where to post this so I'll put it here. Today is my daughter's 13th birthday and I have to share this...We've been asking her what she wants to do on her special day and she kept saying that she didn't know, didn't care, typical teenager answers. So we planned a little party for this evening with a couple of her friends, cake, ice cream, etc. Last night she said "Hey, dad, I know what I want to do tomorrow! Let's go to the movies!" I told her what we had planned for the evening and all but she said that there was a 1:15 showing of Posidon that she'd like to go to. "Well, you're mom's at work and your friends won't be here till later". "That's ok dad, just you and me. We can have lunch at the Green Onion and then go to the show. Unless you're busy. Waddya say?"

Whoa.

This time last year she avoided me like the plague and wouldn't even consider getting in a car with me if she could absolutely avoid it. Sobriety is an amazing thing.

Gotta go. I've gotta birthday girl to see to.

Buck
Buck V

Birthday girl

Postby wareagle10 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:03 pm

Great story, Buck; this is what it's all about as far as I am concerned. All the things we missed while we were drinking, some can never be recaptured, but, in this case you have the opportunity that some of us can only read about and wonder. Enjoy every minute of it and take as much as is there, sobriety is offering you a gift, unwrap it and play with it.

Happy birthday to the birthday girl, 13, this is a major birthday, I hope your entire familly enjoy the day.

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories