- GOD STOPPED ME ~ I WAS DOING TO SHOOT HIM TO PIECES

GOD STOPPED ME ~ I WAS DOING TO SHOOT HIM TO PIECES

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

GOD STOPPED ME ~ I WAS DOING TO SHOOT HIM TO PIECES

Postby schooner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Guys/Gals

AND SOME SAY " THERE IS NO GOD " :!:

I found out that my stepfather through a bottle of whiskey at me mother and just missed her.

That's all, ENOUGH! I said to myself he's going. I'm going to shoot him to pieces and make him suffer and bleed.

It was surly going to happen and GOD is my witness that night.

I took my 9mm Beretta and went to the bar Mom and he owned.

I walked into the bathroom to get nice and calm. It was a very small bathroom about 7 to 8 ft. long and about 4ft. wide. As you entered the bathroom to your right was a small sink with a mirror over it.

As you stood facing the mirror and turned your head to the left was
the commode and that was it, nothing fancy just simple. (sink,mirror and toilet).

The thoughts of what I was going to do to him ran through my mind.
I had such calming RAGE. I was in complete control of my emotions. Knowing full well what I was going to do. (my body was thrill of the doing of this act, I was enlighten sore of. Never felt like that before. Joy that I was going to destroy him) Strange.

I first would go in front of him and shoot him in both his arms ( for hitting my Mother and me)
Next, shoot both his kneecaps (so he would now kneel before me)
And when he pleaded to me ( I would finally put one in his head )

I was so determined. It was going to be done.
Everytime I see the Godfater film and see Michael in the bathroom in the restaurant. He looking on top the the toilet for the planted gun.

I think of what I was so eager to do that night.

Now here's were GOD comes in to the picture. Once more let me say as SURE as I'm writting this posting, the old man was going. I was going to shoot him to pieces.

But gang listen to what a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR MY LORD AND SAVIOR HAS GOT.

I took my automatic 9mm out of my waistband and cock it.
As I put the gun back into my waistband; IT WHEN OFF ! BANG!
It was as if an EXPLOSION happened inside that tiny bathroom.

The bullet just missed my manhood (Do you believe that I would have shot my best friend . . . lol its the GOD'S honest truth)
The bullit went right through my pants leg missing the toilet and enter into the woodgain panelling. Someone knocked on the door and said, " Ray are you allright."

I replied YEAH MY F--KING GUN JUST WHEN OFF !

Immediatly, a voice in my head was said, you're going to prison for murder. For what! Him. No walk out, go home.

My stepfather never said anything about that night and that bullet was never taken out of the woodgain panelling.

GOD WAS WITH ME THAT NIGHT.
I'm so grateful that " HE " INTERVEINED AND SAVED ME.

That's only one of the situation in my life that JESUS SAVED ME.

NOTE: I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YRS. I HAD IN A.A. AT THE TIME. I WAS ABSOULETY SOBER AT THE TIME. (talk about a DRY DRUNK)
Today i'm in my 32yr. of continous sobriety; ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE ROOMS OF A.A.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Schooner 8)
schooner

Postby Berdie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:51 am

Scooner...thank God that He did for you what you couldn't do for yourself. I am so glad He gave you an opportunity for another chance.

What ever happened to your mother and your stepfather? Did they stay together or split up?

Thanks for sharing that story with us.

God bless YOU.

Love & Hugs,
Stephanie/Berdie
Berdie

Postby schooner » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi Berdie

Yes Mom & Dad did stay together till 2006.
Mom passed away ~ May she be in heaven Lord JESUS!

And my step-father dies 4mos. after Mom. He loved her madly, Insanely, and Controlledly.

May he be in heaven also dear Lord JESUS.

Berdie, have you even seen the motion picture: THE RAGING BULL ?

Well, if you did that will describe my step-father. He was someting else.
GOD could that man knock guys out ! He was just like JAKE LaMOTTA.
Dad was also a prize figter at one point in his life.

Yeah, I seen a lot of blood, police and violence. And I thank my Lord and Savior JESUS who brought me through it all.

GOD BLESS YOU BERDIE.
P.S. If there's any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Bye

Schooner 8)
schooner

Re: GOD STOPPED ME ~ I WAS DOING TO SHOOT HIM TO PIECES

Postby Toast » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Like these posts.

I have a friend in AA who loves shooting,fishing and hunting.

He tells a story about his 12 bore shotgun with the hair trigger, it always going off at the slightest touch.

Finally when he reached his own ' jumping off place' he decided to put the loaded gun is his mouth and blow his brains out.

Sitting alone on the floor of his garage he took the safety catch off put his lips around the muzzle and pulled the trigger, only this time it didn't go off. And no matter how hard he tried the trigger just wouldn't work?

He's now enjoyed over 20 years sober living.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions on this one.

Gob Bless.
Toast

Re: GOD STOPPED ME ~ I WAS DOING TO SHOOT HIM TO PIECES

Postby celebres07 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:28 pm

I met a man from Scotland who told me a story of how he went down to London to kill someone

he had a knife to the guy's throat in full rage --he was totally drunk at the time.

the blade broke just at the vein in the man's throat.

so the guy who was telling the story to me jumped up and went to his friend's to hide out.
He figured that the police would be called and he would be charged with attempted murder.
but he could not stop thinking ( naturally) about why that blade brok off the knife just at the guy's throat vein.

then he began to come out of the drunken state and sober up. and as he did, he had the miraculous
white light experience that this was a miracle.

I believe it was a miracle, too.

Now this guy helps a lot of people stay sober in Scotland and England and he travels all around.

while he told this story to me, I kept looking at a lovely disc he had on a chain around his neck. It was a very serene piece of
art to me. I admired it
and he just took it off and put it around my neck. Just like that.

He gives all away now

The Magnificent Obsession to help others has grabbed ahold of him.
celebres07

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories