- Trouble Ahead

Trouble Ahead

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Trouble Ahead

Postby Calhoun » Thu May 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Calhoun here alcoholic/depression:I've been reading the Big Book ,starting with Chptr.1, and I have come away with the feeling that without God's help recovery is virtually impossible. I'm not going to quote The BB but the founders used such terms as spiritual bigotry and denial in those who are resistant in asking for God's help. BillW. said you only have to ask him and he is willing to help you .You don't have to have an epiphany you only have to ask for his help. Bill W. and Dr. Bob both were reluctant to accept God into their lives but they saw it as their only true hope. But I read of newcomers who are just as resistant and are going to try it alone or with the God of"selfwill". Please give God a chance you won't regret it.Thanks for letting me share
Calhoun

Re: Trouble Ahead

Postby GeoffS » Thu May 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks Calhoun, thats a great summary of that area, reminds me that I have to seek god every day to maintain my spiritual fitness to help me gain a daily reprieve from alcoholism.

Many newcomers do struggle with the concept of god initially, but thankfully many do come to seek a power greater than themselves, and get well. In fact you can say that taking the actions of alcoholics anonymous (and the example of those who do) gets them results, and they begin to "Come to believe that a power greater than themselves can return them to sanity."

Calhoun wrote:Please give God a chance you won't regret it.

Now there's a message to carry!!!!
GeoffS

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober