- DROPPNG THE ROCK....amazing dicoveries in step 6-7

DROPPNG THE ROCK....amazing dicoveries in step 6-7

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

DROPPNG THE ROCK....amazing dicoveries in step 6-7

Postby HAPPYMARYELLEN » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 pm

I found this great book, read it and am blown away about how really clear this book made these 2 steps. Been an actively sober member for 24 years and I am delighted I found this book!! It has been profound to ask myself "DO I believe that God will remove the questionable defects causing difficulties in my life"? Wow, what a simple question, but very real. You know it is easy when we are early in sobriety and we ask that, no brainer...but when we are around longer our old ideas (if I have done it for 51 years alive and 24 years sober that is OLD!) could have been up to yesterday and that would make it old...and as I grow along spiritual lines, so many things have been revealed that are NO longer useful, just surprises me when one punches me in my own nose!! What a gift to have so many times God has removed things (often that I never knew existed!) and to act as if God has removed "it" whatever "it" is, really does help me change and be open to how God wants to change me.
Today I can say "oh yea, he WILL do it for me, if I REALLY want to get rid of it".....yup, our misery is of our own making...amazing.
Wow, I am so glad to be sober get to have a new freedom ANY TIME I WANT it!!
Maryellen
HAPPYMARYELLEN

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Hello MaryEllen,

Nice to have you on the forum. Thank you for sharing your experience and insights with us. I appreciate you and I hope the read much more from you!!!!!!!!!

KCB!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tj » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 am

Mary Ellen,

Welcome and thanks for your comments on Drop the Rock. I read it last year in early sobriety and have been re-reading it every since. My sponsor is getting together a group of ladies to do a group study for 8 weeks using the book. I am very excited about participating. We are blessed to be sober and awake, alert and aware enough to grow spiritually.

Manette
tj

Postby Susan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 am

Welcome Mary Ellen, thanks for your comments. Many of my recovery friends have been talking about this book. I am intrigued, and to have a group study with it sounds great too.
Susan

"Drop the Rock"

Postby sobasue » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 pm

[color=blue]My sponsor gave me the book for my 21st AA anniversary. That was 4 months ago. I have not read it.....it is collecting dust. Sounds like I have delayed too long. Your comments have motivated me to open it up! Thanks for that! and.....an 8 week study group with that book is a good idea. I tend to read better and learn better in groups. I'm glad the little book with the BIG truths about 6 & 7 is "popular" among recovering people....
sobasue

Postby Susan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:40 am

This book is amazing! I am not sure if there is a guide for the eight week study, does anyone know?
Susan

Postby sunlight » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Susan,

Checked the bookstore & they said there's not a study guide.

Maybe we need to start one. 8)
sunlight

Postby Susan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks, I guess the best way is to take it in small sections.
Susan

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:54 pm

When I not reading about the tax laws during the administration of President Millard Fillmore, I ocsasionally read 12-Step recovery books.

Drop the Rock is a well-written and helpful book about Steps 6 and 7.

Joe McQ says: All the change that comes about through God working in our lives is by our consent and permission. All the growth that happens, happens through our will and our consent. We have to make the decision. We have to become willing and ready, and we can see it building to the point of change.

Steps 6 and 7 are the pinnacle of the program. If we look back at the other Steps and see how they work, we can see that we took them to give us the ability to take Steps 6 and 7, where the changes can really begin.

P.S. Bill P, the co-author of this book, wrote many other recovery-related books. He was a respected historian of the Alcoholics Anonymous movement who died a year ago.
Tim

Postby Susan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 am

thanks for that history Tim. :D
Susan

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober