- Clarification.....

Clarification.....

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Clarification.....

Postby Jools » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Greetings to all you fine peeps,

I would like to clarify something I posted about my sponsor. The fact that she told me I wasn't ready to do step 4. I just talked to her about it, after going thru 60-64 of the BB and making a list of the things I need to be willing to change. She said that she wasn't serious when she said that. That she was joking because I was trying to "arrange" Treys life. I took that to heart and have been reading the 3rd step over and over in the BB, reading about the 3rd step here and listening intently at meetings when someone brought it up.

She did refer to the things in the BB that happen b4 we actually say the prayer. I'll note these references below.

This is the how and the why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom.

When we sincerely took such a position, all sorts of remarkable things followed. We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well. Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our own little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.

Thats why she jokingly made that comment, because I was still playing God as far as Trey was concerned.

The book says, when we sincerely took such a position, all sorts of remarkable things followed. We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well.

And I DO take such a position already. I DO have a new Employer and know He will provide what I need if I keep close to Him. Came to believe that a power greater than myself would restore me to sanity.

Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our own little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life.

I am SO there....I'm already reaching out to others with my pitiful lil bit of experience, strength, and hope. I want to contribute to life and stop taking, taking, taking.

As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.

I feel His power. The peace of mind comes and goes, but I know I can face life successfully the more I become conscious of His presence. That becomes stronger by continuing to work the steps, cuz you guys tell me that's what happens and I BELIEVE you..otherwise why in the world would you be here trying to help us achieve and maintain sobriety????

She said that the BB says...we thought well b4 taking this step making sure we were ready, which I am. I am so very ready to abandon myself entirely to Him...my lil plans and designs have cost me a lot of pain and misery so in order to be free of that misery I'm all for abandoning this child to the Father.

I didn't know all of this stuff about me until I discussed it with her. She wanted me to put my thinkin' cap on like it says in the BB. :) She then said, do you have a resentment in your head right now? I said, yes. She said, well put it down on paper! And so I begin my 4th step....

Julie .... *doin' a lil dance*

who has passed thru the triumphant arch to freedom![/i]
Jools

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Awesome! :wink:

You're so lucky to have a sponsor that's in the book!
Hang on to her!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 am

I will, Dallas, she's a wonderful, kind, loving person who lives AA.

:)
Jools

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober