- SPOOKY

SPOOKY

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

SPOOKY

Postby sunlight » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Is anyone else besides me missing Dallas?

And to all who used to share here & haven't visited in a while - I need your experience, strength & hope - please say Hi.
sunlight

Postby garden variety » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:29 pm

I miss him for sure. I recall he told me there was some travel he would be doing toward the end of the month. Plus there have also been some protege' circumstances that needed his attention.

Feel free to PM him and let us know.
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:36 am

Hello Sunlight!
Thanks for missing me!
It's nice when someone else thinks of me -- instead of me thinking of me. :lol:

Yep. I'm heading out to Los Angeles, to spend a couple of weeks celebrating my sponsors 50th sober birthday, and the 45th anniversary of the home group. I'm pretty excited about it! I'll get to see some old friends from Southern California, A.A., make some new Socal friends, and visit with a bunch of sponsored-relatives that will be flying in from all over the world. It's going to be great!

If you want to send me your address in a PM, I'll send you a postcard.

I'll be checking in here whenever I can find wifi hot spots to log on.

The reason I haven't posted much lately is because I've been real busy with funerals and trying to help the A.A.'s families that were left behind. I was also beginning to feel like one of the potted plants in the ICU waiting rooms.... and right at the end -- I figured out how I could log-in at the hospital.

Best wishes,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jools » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Hey Dallas,

Hope you have a wonderful time with your AA family! Sounds like a really fun time. 50 years sober is like...WOW! Heck, he's been sober longer than I am old. LOL

I'm lookin' forward to getting to know more people in AA and doing things with sober people.

A drinking friend of ours is having his fall Oyster Roast and we decided not to attend this year. I told my husband that we need to have a sober oyster roast here at the house and pig out sober!

Take care, kiddo.

Julie
Jools

Postby Dallas » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm

:lol: :lol:

thanks!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 pm

50 years sober is amazing. Whats more amazing is we all get to connect to it through Dallas and this site.

Thank you all.
GeoffS

Postby kiltylyn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:47 am

Hi Dallas
Its good to see you were able to log on. 50 Years Wow ! You will have a great time meeting up with pals you havent saw for a while.
I attempted with my sponsor to go to Clancy's 50 th AA Birthday 2 weeks ago down in Bristol . We missed the flight by 16 mins. That sure was a day where
"Accept the things you cant change"
I think he is in London some point this year so God willing I will make that one
Have a great day
Linda :D
kiltylyn

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello Kiltylyn! Great to meet you!

I'm able to log in periodically. I signed up with a service that provides access to wifi hot spots that arent free when I can't find a free one. The service has been great. Only once so far was I not able to log-in to one of the spots.

I'm having a great time here in L.A. When I drove in, I just felt like I was "home". I've been visiting with many of the friends that helped me so much during the first few years of my sobriety. Many have passed on now, because they were very old-timers when I got sober -- and just a few of them are left. None of them drank. They all died sober and being of service, freely passing on what was passed on to them. It makes me feel like a newcomer again just to be with them.

I wish you and your sponsor could be here! If you ever make it to the USA please let me know. I'd like to try to see you. And, if I'm ever in Bristol... I'll be sure to contact you first! :wink:

Best wishes to you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 pm

My sponsor gave me her old computer. It's a dinosaur, but I am finally online in the privacy of my home!

So my first post is:

DALLAS WHERE ARRRRRRRREEEE YOU???!!! :? :( :shock: :?: :?:
sunlight

Postby Victor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Dallas wrote:Hello Sunlight!
Thanks for missing me!
It's nice when someone else thinks of me -- instead of me thinking of me. :lol:

Dallas

:D awesome!!!! thanks for the free face lift Dallas!

hi all been away too long missed ya and this caring site :cry:

peace
vic
Victor

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober