- I need your experience strength and hope please

I need your experience strength and hope please

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby garden variety » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:55 am

He he :D

And BUSTER don't you forget that its not just a "little bit passionate" - its a TEENSY little bit. Otherwise I'm totally normal in every other way.:lol:

That is except when I'm just a little bit different.

That gives me an idea, Dallas. I think I want to change my name to "Tree in the Forest Variety" instead of garden variety. That way I'll feel a teensy little bit different than all of you.

Oh - and did I mention that I was only mildly alcoholic?

I rest my case :twisted:
garden variety

Postby sunlight » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:13 am

If you'd like to have a passion contest, I can be a worthy opponent! Just the other day my daughter's telling me to cool it. :roll:

Which is why I am so grateful for steps 6 & 7. I could no more mitigate my passion than lasso a tornado! Today my wonderful God uses my passion for His purposes (when I LET Him!)

I love this place; it's like a lively meeting where we laugh & cry & see the solution & plug it into our lives & even say, "be careful", because we are precious.

Many Thanksgiving blessings!
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Or... "Be careful" because we're so damn fragile and we seem to break easy!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I could pick a name to change my name to, it would be "Gone!"

Yep. Gone!

It would symbolize to me... letting go of my old ideas. Even the new ideas that I got five minutes ago... that because of five minutes... the new has become old. Then, you could call me "Gone! Green!!! :lol: :lol:

My dear AA friend that died a couple of weeks ago, used to tell me:
"Keep it Green!!!"

What he meant by that was to keep AA fresh and growing in the Fellowship and in my life.

So, if I keep it green... the concepts of the principles of Steps 6 & 7, would have me more willing each day... to grow with progress towards actually becoming willing to let God remove ALL my defects of character... and to actually let Him remove them.

I actually used to think that God got some good out of my character defects... that He let me keep some of them because He could use them for His purpose!!! Imagine me holding on to that illusion and delusion!!! :lol: :lol:

And, if that illusion had been smashed by me keeping it Green... it would have been Gone much sooner... because that would have been the first thing that I would have asked Him to help me to be willing to let Him remove it!!!

Thanks to all of you who keep me Green, Going and Gone!!! :lol: :lol:

Without you....... I couldn't keep it Fresh! I'd still be eating yesterdays bread and this mornings toast... instead of having a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream at 11:30 pm tonight!!! :lol: :lol:

Gone! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks Dallas!

Your passion for sobriety is inspiring. :wink:
sunlight

Postby Jools » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:05 pm

OK so maybe I am a little bit passionate. So maybe I get angry and experience feelings that some folks in the fellowship worry will lead me back to drinking. I wouldn't recommend anyone to do as I do or act as I act in some situations. I'm far from perfect. Real far. But I have experienced "a new freedom and a new happiness" in spite of myself. I'm not a worthless punk that causes grief and hardship anymore. I care deeply about a lot of things and a lot of people. As a result, I've been known to find myself right on the edge in some pretty wild and even dangerous "adventures" that came after having had a spiritual awakening.

Doncha know thats one of the things I love about ya? That passion? Seriously, Paul, your sharing is always from the heart so hang onto that passion cuz I learn a lot from ya.

Hugs,
Julie
Jools

Postby Victor » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 am

:)
Dallas Paul Julie Sunlight and all......

You guys& gals are the best ! So happy i found this site(or it found me)
left another forum that was too toxic for me and have invited three friends to join us here so thank you and.... you guys R.O.C.K!

hugs
vic
Victor

Postby Jools » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 am

(((((((((Vic)))))))))))

You're da man!!! I love when you share. You have so much life in you and I look forward to reading your posts!!

God bless you,
Julie
Jools

Postby sunlight » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Sober alcoholics are the most awesome people in the world!

Of course, we gotta walk the walk....

I, too, peeked at other sites (not for long) & they scared me. It's too easy to get caught up in nonsense & a million other issues & "yes, but..." I need to focus on my alcoholism & recovery, & there's a lot of that here.

I need the real deal, and if I'm going off sideways, TELL ME! I'd rather have a dented ego than the 4 horsemen fighting over who gets me today.

I need guidance & direction & God does that, for me, through people. Dallas has been so instrumental in that regard, but we ALL have something to contribute. I never know when my off the wall comment will be just what someone needs today.

It's snowing in Denver. A light snow, so peaceful & clean.

That's what AA does for me - keeps me peaceful & clean & GREEN! Go figure that one out! :mrgreen:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 am

Victor,

Glad you're here and thank you for all that you contribute, also!

sunlight wrote:That's what AA does for me - keeps me peaceful & clean & GREEN! Go figure that one out!

Thanks for sharing that, sunlight! Ditto! :wink:

Enjoy the snow!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober