- I really like this site. How about Telling a bit about you

I really like this site. How about Telling a bit about you

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

I really like this site. How about Telling a bit about you

Postby dsbfaith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:23 am

Hi everyone: Thank you again for the reminders to keep it Green. Okay a little about me; I was 39 years old when I surrended,Alcohol and cocaine took my dreams and my life. I was living in a trailor with no electicity,no running water no support.I called my sister asking for help.She was attending AA for 2 years.I waited 2 days for a reply from my sister because she had to talk to her Sponsor about what to do with me. I came into recovery in 1987, My sister with her sponsor took me to a sober safe house and from there I went to a 6week rehab.I had one relapse. I had a hard time in the beginning following suggestions. Found a new love who was 2 years sober,took me to bed and we talked about the steps after quite a few years later,He changed his mind and found another.I was heart broken but in time realised it was a gift from my Higher Power. I have had alot of spirtual coincidences,given a beautiful apt I had asked God not to show me anymore horrible apts and maybe a fireplace would be nice.The moment I walked in I knew it was the one There was a fire place in the living room I could not believe it Then I looked at the bedroom .OMG another fireplace. Sometimes I go back to complacecy,But as soon as I rememed all that has happened in 21 years I become a person in Awe..Thats it from me today. I could write a book I daily pray for the still suffering alcohol in and out of the rooms. And my children who are among them. Someone asked where Southold is.It on Long Island NY-East
dsbfaith

Postby Jools » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:46 am

Hiya dsb...

Thanx for sharing your life with us. Most of us have shared about ourselves in the "Introduction" section. Go check it out!

Hugs to you,
Julie
Jools

Postby sunlight » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi dsbfaith!

I often thought that I haven't "told my story" here, but today is a busy day with my work's holiday party, so it will be later in the week.

I LOVE hearing people's stories & learning about them, even the dreaded "drunk-a-log", as long as they get to the part of what happened & what they're like now. To me, it shows the awesome power of God in their lives.

I'm from Buffalo NY, & that is a hard drinking town! Drugs are part of my story,too, but truthfully, I was a lunatic before I ever put anything in my body.

I belong to a Fellowship club & am on the board there & it's a real opportunity for tolerance & love! :wink:
Yesterday we painted the meeting rooms & what a scene! A bunch of sober alcoholics, from 3 days to 30 years, listening to the radio, painting to the oldies & rap & heavy metal, singing along & laughing & flinging paint at each other & breaking at noon for a meeting.
It's a big part of my life. As are my children & grandchildren & faith & friends & hobbies.

Thank you for being here! More later........
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 am

dsbfaith wrote:I had a hard time in the beginning following suggestions......

I understand!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for telling us where Southold is! I thought it was in Scotland or somewhere in the UK! :oops:

Thank you for sharing about yourself. I think there's some stuff about me in the Introductions, Personal Stories... or somewhere here in the forum! I could be wrong, though!! I'll have to check and see! :lol: :lol:

dsbfaith also wrote: "I could write a book."

Start writing!!! :lol: I love to read and to listen!!! :wink:

Best wishes to you all..............

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Victor » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:38 am

:D Welcome DSBfaith

Vic alcoholic good to meet ya thank you for sharing.

peace
vic
Victor

Thanks Dsbfaith

Postby Survivor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks for posting this. Stumbling accross your story might just as well have saved me from a slip tonight. I'm from Namibia in Africa visiting Atlanta for business. I came prepared with my list of meetings in and around Atlanta. However I got to stay with the husband of my boss. In short I'm afraid to indanger my anonymity. Your story reminded me why I enjoy sobiety for more than four years now. I'll get a cab and go to a meeting tomorrow. Thanks again.
Survivor

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober