- Alcohol is hiding in PAM - of all places!

Alcohol is hiding in PAM - of all places!

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Thinking this is a lil hyterical, but Im no ones judge

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:02 am

First of all if you are using PAM to cook with the alchohol in the propellent, which would be measured in ppm(parts per million). is evaporated as soon as it hits the hot pan. Sorry I did not relapse or slip because I cooked my eggs with PAM this morning.
robbiechaos

Postby DebbieV » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 am

My mind went into a state of "What If" this morning as I am reading the thread.

What if the Pam in my cabinet set off a craving?

What if it didn't?

What if the Pam I have didn't set off a craving, maybe I can drink again, I must not be an alcoholic because I believe the B.B and "Silky" and in any form is ANY FORM.

What if the I listen to people over the B.B. and I start ordering wine marinated steak at the local nice restaurant?

What if a newcomer is reading the form and decides they are going to go out and try some controlled food testing?

What if I am one of these scared, paranoid types?

What if I just do what my sponsor and B.B. says? Could I stay sober as long as he has? and his sponsor?

What if I resign from the debating committee?

Just my thoughts this beautiful Friday morning.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby angel143 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:22 pm

I read labels and I ask the waiter what something is cooked with. If im told its not cooked with it, or its not on the label, I can only hope its all ok.

I also try to stay away from things they remind me of drinking. Not that they send me into a craving or urge...but right now, for me, if I can avoid it....why not.

Example...I had a body scrub that was all natural but also had lime in it. I had to throw it out because the smell was so strong it actually made me want to throw up. It reminded me of tequilla (sp). Hey I drank it, not spelled it!

Last night. This was totally crazy! At dinner, at Dennys, I ordered a diet cherry coke. It came, I took a sip...started laughing and said 'you have GOT to be kidding me!...' I handed it to my brother (not the one with the drinking prob) and said here, im not drinking it...it tastes like Cherry Vodka. He looked at me like I was crazy...so did my mom. He tasted it. Mom said 'well...' he said 'yeah, weird, it really does' He finished it...I stuck with good ol H2O.

Not saying that drinking it would have made me crave the real thing...but I have worked hard for these 65 days, and I dont wanna risk anything that might lose 'em.

I just figure...I really love this sobriety thing, and I will do anything it takes to keep it! Its more important than the drinking thing.

Love to all
Heather
angel143

Postby DiggerinVA » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Heather that was a good move, in my book. The steps remove the obsession.

I'm not the religious type but I remember something I learned from from a priest once. I believe it is from Corinthians. The question was asked if they could eat Pork (remember Jewish law) The answer as long as it does not harm your brother. Which means to me my tolerance or belief may be different than others but I must be considerate of where others are on their path of life.
DiggerinVA

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 pm

I do know of a chick that was in AA, that used to put the coffee flavors in her coffee. Some of them have high alcohol content in them. She said after a while she was pouring in 1/2 cup flavor and 1/2 cup coffee. Then, said what the heck and bought a bottle of Kahlua and a bottle of Baileys to do her coffee instead. She attributed the flavors kicking in the cravings that set up and took her out.

I know another chick, that started tasking the vanilla extract she was using for cooking. One day, she went in and downed the bottle and then went and got sauced.

Another, had a simimlar story. She started with the wine in alfredo sauce... within a week she was so desparate that when she couldn't get out of the house -- she started drinking her bottles of perfume.

None of these ladies had been hard core low bottom drunks. Alcoholism progresses -- as they swore to it -- even while they were sober!

I see no need for me to validate the truth and accuracy of what they told me.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:24 pm

The only thing I...er...Starbucks....puts in my coffee is caramel...and I think a couple squirts of vanilla flavoring.

Does vanilla flavoring and/or extract have ETOH in it? Cause I use the extract when baking.

I realize that a tsp in an entire cake probably isnt much....but I wanna know before hand, and see if I can maybe find a replacement without it.

Hmmm, now im wondering if I should go through the cupboards and see whats what.

I dont want to be obsessive about it...but I also feel that I need to do what I can do to be pro-active in my sobriety. It isnt just gonna be there for me cause I want it to be....gotta work for it.

Thoughts?
angel143

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Just think about staying sober... and there is no need to live in fear.

Get your butt up to that Scottsdale Roundup and have some fun! You can clean cupboards when it's 120 there and too hot to go out!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober