- Hi! A brief Introduction...

Hi! A brief Introduction...

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Hi! A brief Introduction...

Postby Sara J W » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Hiya All,
Well it certainly is nice to find this site. I have perused and ocassionally posted on a couple of other sites but having read posts on this site it seems the most genuine and open. My kinda place :D

Whoops let not forget... Hello I am Sara, 26, Alcoholic ( well at least doing my best to accept it ) , and doing my darndest to ' Get it' this time round.

I look forward to reading and being inspired by more of your posts.
Loved the jokes section, laughter truly is vital to happiness!

Grateful to be sober today.
Sez X
Sara J W

Postby Graystone » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Sara,

Wow I'm always green with envy when someone your age accepts their alcoholism and tries to do something positive about it. I knew I was alcoholic at 26 and tried for many years to find the secret of not getting drunk every time I drank.

Welcome to the forum!
Graystone

Postby ROBERT » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

A big welcome Sara J W-looking forward to hearing your experiences.I spent 19 yrs in & out of A.A.-FINALLY made a decision- and my life is transformed, from the inside out....glad your here. :D
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Welcome to the site, Sara!!! Nice to meet you. Thanks for intoducing yourself and for joining in the participation here!

I seem to be crossing paths with more than a few Aussie's lately! :wink:

If I can be of help to you -- just let me know. If I can help I will. If I can't -- I often know someone that can. I am best with the impossibles -- it's the little stuff that often stumps me. :lol:

I'm looking forward to your sharing, your jokes, your story, your experience, strength and hope, and you, too!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:00 pm

((((((( WELCOME))))))!!!!!!!!

hi Sara I`m Cessie an alcoholic! so nice to meet you hope you will stick around so we can get to know eachother and so we can all learn from you! sharing is so important for us to learn and gain hope from one another its vital to my spiritual growth :)

I love all the guys here and learn a lot from them but its wonderful to have another sister to share with sometimes there are things that we just really need to discuss with another woman ( same goes for the guys MALE BONDING :D ) so feel free to P.M. any time

Your Sister in Sobriety :)
Cess
ccs

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 am

Sorry Cessie. But, I'm not in to male bonding. It just ain't gonna happen! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 am

Dallas what about your sponsor ? :wink:

isnt there anything you men would feel uncomfortable discussing in front of women!? :shock: :oops: :oops:

LUV YA D :wink:
ccs

Postby Sara J W » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Thank you all for your replies...much appreciated welcome! :D
I am off on a sailing trip for a week and am arming myself with my AF literature as I feel the pull of ' what happens at sea, stays at sea' and fear I may give into the almighty temptaion.
I hope you all have a lovely sober stress free week and I Look forward to getting back online with a positive AF report.
Wish me lucK! :?
Sez
Sara J W

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Good luck! And, enjoy the sailing! I love to sail and there is nothing like it!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey Sara,

I hope you enjoyed you sailing trip....that sounds like a wonderful, relaxing time.

It's good to see you here on the site. I hope to see and hear much more from you.

Debbie
DebbieV

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober