Hi! A brief Introduction...

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Dallas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 am

I understand. Hey. When I did go to school -- I went to public schools. :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Sara J W » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 am

Great responses guys and gals, thanks.

Secondly I have shifted my priorties. Nothing in life is more important than my sobritey. Not my kid, wife, job, friends. Nothing. If I loose my sobriety all the others will go. When I make sobriety my priority those other things just happen to work out.

Yes, this is what I need to get my head around. I know that if I focus on that my quality of life will improve. I guess resentment wise, when my quality of life picks up that will fade as i will be to busy with fulfilling activities that it hopefully wont bother me.

I have been thinking alot about it all the last few day, dipping in and out of the big book and I have realised that although I have had sober months...8 months and 6 months i have never been fully committed and dare i say it quite nonchalant about it. I have realised that i simply MUST take this very seriously. I am not quite as complacent about it all, I have now after a few attempts realized that no it is not any easy path.
This is ok, just a shock ha ha.
Here's to 100% Hoorah!!
Sara J W

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

Keep ye on dipping. I had to work through the steps thoroughly with two different sponsors and I had to learn to TRY and hand it all over. Every day is a 12 step journey nothing more nothing less. When I got to the point that I could TRY and surrender on a daily basis my entire outlook on life changed 8)

Basically someone once said to me "it's easy you just have to change everything about yourself" ... well almost everything :P
Ranman99

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober