- Hi! A brief Introduction...

Hi! A brief Introduction...

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Sara J W » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:33 am

ha ha well now I am stumped...SF? Smoke free? :?
Sara J W

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:34 am

No I wish that one I'm still trying every day.

Substance Free. I have had no mood altering substance of any kind for 277 days and it is all good!
Ranman99

Postby Sara J W » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:26 pm

THats Fabulous Ranman...I want to beat you ha ha. Nah Thats great..I aim for that and beyond!

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to not envy, feel negative and sometimes be in a crap mood with ' normal drinkers' , I am guilty of this. Sometimes getting preachy ( which I loathe even as the words spill from my mouth ). I find myself becoming a touch childish...
Some wisdom on this subject would be welcomed with open arms!!!
Sara J W

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Pay a drunk a visit in the hospital whose shaking so bad they can't hold the water pitchure. Share your experience and if they are still talking crap feel their pain.
At least for me this year it has become part of my routine to go to the hospital whenever the call comes.

Secondly I have shifted my priorties. Nothing in life is more important than my sobritey. Not my kid, wife, job, friends. Nothing. If I loose my sobriety all the others will go. When I make sobriety my priority those other things just happen to work out.

Remember your last drunk. My sponsor like to keep hammering me on if you don't remember your last drunk you haven't had it yet.

When I finally shifted to the point that I realised that whatever I do in this program it is to be of service to others still suffering and get out of myself things changed.

Just my three cents for a Saturday morning. Thanks for letting me remember. Don't think I'll drink today 8)
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:57 am

Very good suggestions Ranman! :wink:

I guess I never had a problem with resenting drinkers that still drink. I usually resent drinkers that can drink that don't drink. :lol:

What I mean by that is: If the person isn't alcoholic -- heck, why aren't they drinking? I'd drink if I wasn't alcoholic. :lol:

Envy. Yes. Sometimes, I've been guilty of that... and maybe, now that I'm looking at it... maybe resenting and envy. I mean "Dang girlfriend, if you're not alcoholic and you can drink -- then, turn that bottle up and empty it for God's sake! Don't just play around with it!!!" :lol: :lol:

But, I think it's a more humorous type envy and type resentment if it is one. Yeah. I know. I'm an alcoholic and I can't afford to have any kind of anger and resentment... especially "the justified kind" (that's the most dangerous type for me). Because, if I do that -- I'll end up drinking again, and the drinkers will be resenting me -- for drinking all their drinks! :lol:

There have been days when I'll be out mowing the lawn... hot, sunny, sweaty, and think "Damn. Too bad I'm alcoholic -- a nice cold beer sure would taste good right now." And, I really seem to convince myself "Oh yeah... not the effect... just the taste!" :lol: :lol: :lol: That's like a guy saying he reads Playboy for the articles!!! It's the effect baby! And, then I look across the street and see my neighbor and a bunch of his buds enjoying laughter, conviviality and a good time downing some cold ones as they watch me suffer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life is just wrong for alcoholics!!! :lol: It's out to get us! :lol: But, it sure beats what we get from our alcoholism -- if we pick up a drink again!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:02 am

BTW: Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my sobriety!!! And, my sobriety IS BETTER than drinking... but, what can I say? Other than "Hey man! I'm alcoholic! I'd like to have my sobriety and be able to drink!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

First things first. And, rigerous honesty. :wink:

Of course I don't think things through! Are you kidding? My thinker nearly always takes me down the wrong road. I get along much better when I follow instructions -- rather than think. :wink:

And, I'm not against thinking. Mine just has it's limit -- and I know it. :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:09 am

yup yup yup and yup and I wasn't trying to be too heavy either this is the best life I've ever known so far. Only wish I had read the program in the big book earlier and really gave it a shot.

Cuz I have to remember I can't drink safely and a short trip to one of those wards easily reminds me that if I pick up my assss is grass and the booosh is a lawnmower!!! :shock: \

Doing them steps don't hurt I was shocked to find out it is the softler gentler way after all. Shure beats the way I was trying it :P

ye ha ride the rocket 8)
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:24 am

Ranman wrote:Doing them steps don't hurt I was shocked to find out it is the softler gentler way after all. Shure beats the way I was trying it

Geees. For me.... That sure is the truth!!!

Thank you! I appreciate you. I also appreciate what you wrote above! Good stuff!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 am

Cheers, Dallas. I tell a few of my close companions about this site it sure has been good for me. Haven't seen them come in droves but I expect the ones that are supposed to come here will come here. Funny how that happens. It sure is one fine evening comin' on over here in the Far East. Just re-stringin a guitar 8) . The gifts just keep on comin' one day at a time.
Ranman99

Postby GeoffS » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Dallas wrote:
First things first. And, rigerous honesty. :wink:

Dallas

but not spelling!!!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: hee hee hadn't pulled that one in a while :twisted: :lol:
GeoffS

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober