Postby jujulynn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm so scared - I need some help and I need it now
jujulynn

Postby jujulynn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm so afraid of the truth...
jujulynn

Am I ready?

Postby jujulynn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm

ok - i suck as a human being. i have the pharmaceutical cocktail ready just in case.

my husband hates me.

i seriously need to hear from YOU
jujulynn

Postby DiggerinVA » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Well I'm hear. And no you can't be that bad.
DiggerinVA

Postby ccs » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:38 am

Hi JuJu we are here for you I sometimes suck as a human aswell
the good thing is we dont have to stay that way!!!! :D

GOD LOVES YOU and so DO I

Keep Coming Back it gets better one day at a time

LUV-2-All CESS
ccs

Am I ready?

Postby jujulynn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:45 pm

A road trip and some time in my journal are helping a great deal! Although I'm ready to go home, I also am enjoying the solitude of a trip (for work) to Pittsburgh.
jujulynn

Postby DebbieV » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi JuJu

Girl I have been where you are, nasty ass place to be in my head all alone with just me for company.

I keep thoes "pharmaceutical cocktails" handy for most of my adult life, that is no way to live and damn sure no way to die.

I will make you a promise.....If you follow the progam as it is outlined in the Big Book, you will learn to love yourself and no longer want to find a way to stop feeling what your feeling. You will no longer want to get rid of the person you see when you look in the mirror, you will learn to love her and respect her. I did and I promise you will too. Takes a little work but you can do it.

hang in there, just take it one day at a time, and sometimes one hour or minute at at time.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Debbie is telling the truth. She knows from first-hand experience what she is talking about -- I know -- because I know her.

Listen to what she has said. The ball is in your court. No one will force you to take the actions, nor can they take the actions that you must take, for you. Only you -- can save your butt. That's the way it is for each one of us. You have to find a way to care for yourself enough -- that you're willing to reach out for help -- to save yourself. That's how it works.

I wouldn't hesitate to also find professional help if I were you. If you are getting professional help (I assume that's where the cocktails are coming from) be sure that you're being totally honest with them. It also doesn't hurt to get second-opinions from other professionals about professional help.

I wish you the best and we are here -- if you'd like us to assist.

Best wishes,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Am I ready?

Postby jujulynn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:51 am

I'm back from my roadtrip - taking a day at home to decompress. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words of advice. I know I have hard work ahead of me. For today, I pledged to the Lord to consider my body his temple and not to dishonor it.

Looking for the Big Book
jujulynn

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

I did that for years, and it didn't seem to help me. Each time I made the pledge to the Lord -- I drank more and more and more and more. I wish you better results with it. I don't mean to shed a cloud on your hope. When I read it -- it reminded me of myself and what I did for years. After years of it not working for me, I finally had to try something different.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober