- No thoughts of drinking

No thoughts of drinking

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

No thoughts of drinking

Postby Worm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Last night I heard someone share of their gratefulness for having days that they never have a thought of a drink. They thought that this would never happen to them. I could relate to this very much.

After leaving the meeting I thought of another time that I am extremely grateful. Those are on the days that I do have a thought of a drink. I am so grateful for the tools that were so freely given to me to use in these times. You see, I have not had the experience yet that took completely away the compulsion to drink. I still have thoughts,however fleeting they may be.

I am not disheartened by this because I know it will come. I have prayer and the ability to talk to others when I get these feelings. I also know that I must never look ahead, there really is something to the One Day At A Time thing.
Worm

Postby Graystone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I was at a meeting once sitting next to my sponsor. He was sharing on some topic where I can not now recall the topic where a snippet of his share was about still having the thought to take a drink. I about fell out of my chair over this because this guy had over 30 years sober in AA. After the meeting I asked him how could that be and he told me yes sometimes something will trigger the thought to take a drink but he “does not act on itâ€
Graystone

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober