- Addictive Me

Addictive Me

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Addictive Me

Postby Rebos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:56 pm

To whoever gives a rats..........,
My problem is just addictive me. No matter what it is, I do it to an extreme. It could be alcohol,working,fishing,etc.etc. Now it is exercise, and working out. I guess it is all good, as long as what I am doing is a good or healthy thing. But in my past, it has not all been good. Is there a special meeting for addictive me? Are other alcoholics like me? How can I save myself from me?
Just Me,
Rebos
Rebos

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:07 am

I'm like that. Just need to get back to the gym :? and maybe I'll get addicted to it again.

I suppose the first things first one really applies here.

I'm a morning guy so I tend to force myself to do real work in the morning. Then in the afternoon I tend to goof off.

I at least I can console myself that if I am going to goof off then I can at least goof off on stuff that saves my rear butt end. Such as this site or sometimes I pull up www dot XA-speakers dot com and listen to a speaker and slowly work on something.

If it feels good I'll take it to extreme's if it feels bad or hard I'll avoid it :oops:

Oh well on morning at a time :D
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

I think they refer to most of us as being: Obsessive and compulsive. :lol:

We have a disease called "more".

A little bit of something good -- is never enough. And, sometimes, a little bit of good -- is too much. :lol:

We have difficulty with "just one" of anything. :lol:

When I buy screwdrivers -- I never buy just one. At the least, I'll buy two, so that I'll have the one, while I'm looking for the other one. And, when that idea sounds good to me... Well. I'll go ahead and buy the dozen pack. :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 am

Dallas wrote:I think they refer to most of us as being: Obsessive and compulsive. :lol:

We have a disease called "more".

A little bit of something good -- is never enough. And, sometimes, a little bit of good -- is too much. :lol:

We have difficulty with "just one" of anything. :lol:

When I buy screwdrivers -- I never buy just one. At the least, I'll buy two, so that I'll have the one, while I'm looking for the other one. And, when that idea sounds good to me... Well. I'll go ahead and buy the dozen pack. :lol:

Dallas

We sometimes lose power at our house due to windstorms. For this eventuality, I decided we needed a flashlight and a candle. And for reasons that you state above, we now have a dozen flashlights and at least that many candles strategically placed throughout the house.

In addition to the disease 'More' I also have the disease 'Right Now!'
Tim

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 am

"We want the world and we want it now! Right mama, now!"

- James Douglas "Jim" Morrison
I believe he qualified!
Ranman99

Postby MichalF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 am

Hi everyone
Thanks Rebos for post. I,m just like that. It,s my problem too.
I my case it is strong connected with "middle age crisis" Hard to me to apply what says Desiderata-" ...Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth..."
Last year a had a car accident. I went out for fulfil works duty being serious cold, fever and dazed by medicines. I crashed car into a truck. Airbags save my life and health. Car,s gone to scrap.
I took it as a tip from Higher Power that I should slow down a little bit :)
MichalF

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober