- meeting protocal

meeting protocal

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby GeoffS » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 am

Might just take your last message Dallas and pass it out to a few newcomers I know.

Another good thing is that we get to take those steps again and again as required. It always works and its always new.
GeoffS

Postby Scott » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:11 am

I would like to say that I found my sponsor one nite at a meeting I attend regularly. I had been sober about 8 months at the time and I was not even thinking of a sponsor or sponsorship until this guy, who had never been to the meeting before, raised his hand to be a sponsor. I then thought I have decided to turn my thinking and my actions over to God as I understand him, I am going to ask this guy to sponsor me. He did not know me and I did not know him. Come to find out he was not going to raise his hand, but his wife suggested he raise it. The more I trust God as I understand him the more I receive whats best for me. Through trusting God as I understand him, my sponsor, and, the other suggested tools of recovery I am sober, having a personality change, and growing toward a spiritual awakening. I believe I study, process, and live the program of action not go through it.
Scott

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks Scott! Welcome to the site and the forums! Thank you for sharing your experience of how you found your sponsor and about trusting God, and that this is how you found your sponsor. I believe this is a great example of what happens when we become willing to let God call the shots for us -- and we follow through with the actions, when the shots are called! I appreciate you posting. It's a very refreshing reminder that will help all of us and many that are to come in the future!

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober