- Sober Personality

Sober Personality

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Sober Personality

Postby Bensober » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 am

Yesterday I was told by someone I work with that you seem to have a "sober personality" Hum...I've come to realize that this daily living of keeping things simple, do what I can do not what I can't do, principles before personalities has really had an effect on my inner peace. Achieving and maintaining sobriety has not been easy but what has helped is that it is a simple concept. Doing my best today to become the “primary purposeâ€
Bensober

Postby cajunbam » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Yep, Bensober, I think I know exactly what you are saying. I, for too long, let my thoughts and actions be run by my addictive, alcoholic personality. It's time to let my sober personality, my true self, shine. Amen, brother! :D

Peace,
BrianM
cajunbam

Location: McDonough, GA - about 605.09 miles from Cajun Field

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Welcome to the site Brian! Appreciated your share!

Thanks Ben. I understand. :wink:

When I look at all the benefits that sobriety has brought into my life -- it makes me wonder how I got along for so many years without it! :lol:

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:53 am

You Got It Brian & Dallas!
What a wonderful life it is! Funny, along with this discovery..."my" life has become not "my own". In the Third Step that I failed to reconize before was really the crux to it all. I never really got the "decision" part. The example that was laid at my feet was...in turning my will over to the care of God as I understand God was that I had never tuly made a "decision"...only an "incision". This meant that for example I had to cut(decision) my arm (of self will) off completely. In the past I had only made incisions (cutting into my arm). If I cut it off completely then as the Big Book says I can have a new employer...God! The incisions only allowed me to work part time for him. I discovered through a lot of pain and suffering (working the Steps/Program with half measures) that I had to completly, to the best of my ability, make, get inside, and become the real decision!

My life today is not my own. Its not about me at all anymore. As a result, the promise of a new freedom is extra-ordinary :-) no matter my circumstances. We walk together my brothers in this bright sunshine!!!!

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby cajunbam » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 am

Bensober wrote:This meant that for example I had to cut(decision) my arm (of self will) off completely. In the past I had only made incisions (cutting into my arm).

OMG! :shock:

I really don't want to cut my arm off!!! I won't be able to hold my Big Book with both hands!!!

But, I get the analogy - sort of a Biblical one I think :idea:

Peace,
BrianM
cajunbam

Postby Bensober » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 am

The wings are a "decis-flappin"! Good stuff Keith!
Bensober

Re: Help for alcoholics who want to achieve and maintain sob

Postby cajunbam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 am

[quote="kb1025"]
Enjoy Life Sober, or, as Fred Flintstone said; “Loosen the damn bone Wima!â€
cajunbam

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober