- Wants to learn how to stay sober.

Wants to learn how to stay sober.

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Wants to learn how to stay sober.

Postby Naomiblazing » Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 am

Hello, my name is Amanda. I am alcoholic. I’m new here.

Last time I got drunk is last Saturday. Next thing I woke up on my friends couch in the morning, I couldn’t remember anything after I drank whole half gal of vodka with my friend, we went to bar with other friends after that. I kept drinking, I couldn’t stop. I lost control... That night I got blackout at the bar… Blackout happens a lot.

I really don’t like the person I am, the scariest thing. I could not remember what happened... I really tired to not to drink by myself but I don’t have any support... It only last for one week…Its harder right now because I just turn 21 in Oct. But my drinking is affecting my relationship.

I really don’t want to drink anymore; I really want to stay sober and actually remember things. I don’t want to depend on drinks, anymore...

I looked up on internet for AA meetings. And then I saw those posts. I would really like get know some of you guys and get advices?

2 days sober

Amanda
Naomiblazing

Postby Dallas » Tue May 11, 2010 10:00 am

Hello Amanda. Welcome to the site.

I understand. Been there, too. What I did was to contact the local Alcoholics Anonymous groups in the area where I was living. Through them, I eventually discovered all that I needed to know and got the help that I needed to get -- so that I could stay sober.

My suggestion for you, and for anyone else that may be in a similar situation, is to give it a try with AA. It may not be for everyone, but it certainly was the solution for my problem.

And, keep coming back here, too. We're always willing to do whatever we can to help others.

Best regards,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DiggerinVA » Tue May 11, 2010 6:47 pm

When you go to the meeting ask for a sponsor that teaches how you work the Steps. They are something you want to learn. In the meetings you will find people who care about you because they understand who you are and where you are today.

It is scary when you realize that you cannot stop. Realize this to, it is a fatal and progressive disease. And if you had cancer would you not want to take the cure as soon as possible.

I wish you the peace that is available in the program.
DiggerinVA

Postby Bensober » Wed May 12, 2010 8:02 am

Hi Amanda,
Been a while since I've been able to post. First thing I dial into is you... a newcomer who wants the nightmare to stop! Yes theres a lot of support here and in AA for you. At least you reached out. Admitting that you are an alcoholic is the first step Amanda. This program you'll find is a "We" program wich means you are to start with the most important person in this room right now, we need you (the new comer) to stay and work through this with us, and you from the point you reached out will never have to do this alone! Welcome to the fellowship my sister. I just moved and now that my internet is back up I'll be more available. Dallas and friends on this forum have been good support for me too with a recent struggle...been walking through sober. "I CAN'T ...WE CAN"...together!

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby Bobby D » Wed May 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Welcome to the site....and keep coming back

I understnad how scary it is to wake up and not remember getting where you are.. or what you might have done....

The first step is recognizing there is a problem...Kudos to you for taking that first important step.....

My advice too is to get to a meeting.. if just to listen for a couple days, you'll see you are not alone..stick with it and you'll see you dont have to drink..

Good luck and god bless...

Bob
Bobby D

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober