Hello Krystal. Welcome to the site. I understand the problems we can experience when we move from a place like LA, to a place where the AA seems to be different or what there is of it -- it isn't much. I've gone through a similar chapter in my life -- even though it was still here in the USA.
Here is what I did:
1. I did my best to keep in touch w/ my AA friends in the city I got sober in -- including my sponsor. It was tough to get into the discipline of writing him a letter each week, and then calling him at a certain time on a certain date -- when previously, I could have just checked in w/ him at a meeting or to have lunch w/ him. That was the original reason that this website got started by in 1995 -- my long distance phone calls were running at least $800 a month!
The problem then became -- most of my AA friends were not online our hadn't gone outside of AOL, so the site was opened to the public instead of being closed and private.
2. I spent twice as much time reading the Big Book from the front cover to the back cover, and trying my best to precisely follow the instructions in the book.
3. I also spent more time reading AA Comes of Age, and Dr. Bob & the Good Oldtimers -- to find out "how they did it" when there was no more than three members in AA, and then a dozen. Funny thing was: it was much similar to the exact same things I had been doing in Los Angeles, to stay sober! They didn't have the established structure and formats and resources or meetings -- so they primarily focused on finding another alcoholic to help them get sober and stay sober. And, they wrote a book about it, with the instructions for how they were doing it. (Chapter 7 & 11, in the Big Book).
4. So, I studied Chapter 7 & 11, and began doing exactly what they suggested to do. And, it worked!
5. I also go to as many Round-ups and Conventions as I can -- that are outside the area where I live. That's a tremendous help for me.
6. I've built a network of sober friends online, and also spend a lot of time online trying to help other alcoholics -- and I stay employed in my regular day job, too!
That's what worked for me. I hope you can find something in it that you can use or try and see how it works for you. Please feel encouraged to become a regular member here on the site and to contribute by participating in the sharing. You may be surprized to discover how many alkies you can help here!