What did booze ever do for you?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober
Toast

What did booze ever do for you?

Postby Toast » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 pm

In a nutshell all it ever done for me was make me mentally ill. :?

So if i dont want to be ill like that again i just stay away from the stuff! :lol:

Love,light,laughter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Toast on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm

It gave me a life that was worth living. It was my Higher Power. It did for me what I could not do for myself. It was a loyal friend. Confident. Comrade. Wife. Lover. Soul mate. I couldn't live w/out it. That's why it was so hard for me to leave it alone. My life was horrible without it. And, I achieved great successes with it. I could go on and on. If I wasn't alcoholic -- I'd still be drinking it.

However... with ALL that said... In SOBRIETY, through the 12 Steps... I'm now getting in Life everything that alcohol used to do for me -- and more. In SOBRIETY I have discovered everything that I was looking for in the bottle. :wink:

Dallas

duncan75

Postby duncan75 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:31 am

It was a great thing alcohol, it was my voice when I couldn't get out what I needed to say sober. It was also kind enough to help me get tossed out of Ex fiances house and for the next 2 yrs do some couch surfing. I finally settled down on a river bank for awhile. I pray now to just let it be his will and not my own on a daily basis. If I start running the show again, I'll be right back on that river bank.

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 am

I understand. :wink: Welcome to the forum! And, thanks for sharing.

sunlight

Postby sunlight » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 am

It got me drunk; which was just what I wanted it to do. And the faster the better!

When I was new, I heard so many people say in meetings that alcohol stopped working for them. That was not true for me. Alcohol worked for me right to the end: it got me smashed.

The problem was that there were times I did not want to get drunk. There were even times I did not want to drink. But I could not not drink! I was compelled to drink. There was no choice. I was a slave to alcohol, so just leave me alone & let me drink & die, cuz you don't understand.

That beautiful moment of clarity arrived & I acted on it & went to my 1st AA meeting. There I found people who did understand. They told me there was a solution & that I never needed to drink again if I didn't want to.

Becoming part of the fellowship of the Spirit and taking the steps proved the truth of what they said. I no longer wanted to drink, nor did I need to get drunk. Imagine that, for an alcoholic! :D

Thanks for the topic. When I see your username I always think of the lady whose bottom was when she burned the toast. :? It takes what it takes! :lol:

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Nice to hear from you sunlight. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

Toast

Postby Toast » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 am

Booze made me a ' Nearly Man.' 8)

I was a very ambitious drunk and the drunker i got the more these ambitions seemed to excellerate! :shock:

When drinking i 'nearly' done this and i 'nearly' done that and i 'nearly' went there and i 'nearly' became a......? But i always had a little drink 1st and ended up doing nothing but more drinking and being nothing but a bigger drunk :?

Until i found AA :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 am

:lol: :lol: I understand.

Return to “Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober”