- SOBRIETY CHECK IN

SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Re: SOBRIETY CHECK IN

Postby Frananne » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:46 pm

May you all have a Blessed Christmas Eve and Day and I pray that we all have a sober new yar!
Frananne

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Thank you, Frananne! Merry Christmas to you, too! And, I hope that the Next Year, will be your BEST year, yet!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby john boy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Merry Christmas everyone....

I am/will have a most wonderful Christmas....because I am sober....and made it my responsibility and no one elses to enjoy this special day...and yes..there are those with whom I will share my day...and see what joy I may bring.

peace and love to all,

love
John boy
john boy

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Merry Christmas, John! Wishing you the best, yet.
So true. The only one who can choose & decide our happiness is us.

Happy Next Year!
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:59 pm

:-) Good one! Merry Christmas, Keith. And, I hope that the Next Year brings peace, prosperity & good health to you & your family.
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Frananne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 pm

The "kids" left so Christmas is done except for finishing the roast beef and cheesecake. We had a wonderful holiday. Today I made sure I was at the am mtg I lead but there were only two of us. Guess everyone else is still on holiday. We had a good mtg nevertheless. Hope all is well with everyone. I'm extraordinarily content.
Frananne

Postby Camel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:56 pm

What a blessing to be back at work on January 2, and not be sick as hell, or worse! I thank God and A.A. for my Sobriety, and all the people I have had the good fortune to come to know in this, the Greatest Fellowship on this Planet! It saved my life!

Hub
Camel

Postby Frananne » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 pm

And thank you Keith for being here when I arrived! Happy New Year everyone! In ten days (God willing) I will be eligible for a one year chip.i told my 24 year old son who responded "You should have a party!" He was yanking my chain as he likes to do with his ole mom.
Frananne

Postby Frananne » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 pm

My 84 yr old mother-in-law is staying with us for some weeks. She is moving to our town(which is good and overdue). My husband is in Seattle moving her stuff this week. It has been a bit of a struggle having just the two of us here this week as I have little energy and sometimes quite ill due to my treatment. Thankfully my prayers were answered that I not have too bad a week while it has been just us. I have managed to keep us fed and the kitchen clean.

The funny thing is about AA. I have left here a few times to go to a meeting as I go to several a week and though I went to fewer meetings this week I had to go to some. What is funny is she thinks I go to AA to help other people. I do not even try to explain it. I guess it is good that she thinks well of me but it is odd. I guess she just cannot believe that her daughter-in-law needs to go to AA.

I think I am blessed.

Happy sober Friday!
Frananne

Postby Frananne » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks Keith! My mom lived with us for the last ten years of her life and while omit was often difficult having three generation living together it was a blessing for us all.

Went to the morning part of my first Area Convention this morning. One thing I noted was that the age of participants seems to be about 45 and up. Maybe this just means the younger folk will appear tonight when I have long been asleep. Was not sure what I thought about it but suspect that has to do more with my being at a low physical ebb right now. Will give it a whirl next year when I am back up to snuff. Would have preferred to attend all rather than part but that was not in thse cards this time. Our CFC did a hospitality room and I wanted to help with that a little.
Frananne

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober