I love Step 1 meetings. :wink:

Happy Sober Monday to everyone!

Day # 9,250 -- and I hope to be still counting up! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Sobriety Check in

Postby Jebtion12345 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Sounds like a great weekend!
I am off today and will hit my regular 6/7 step meeting tonight!
Where abouts in Bmore are you? I grew up in Bmore!
Jebtion12345

Postby dimples12562 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Hey Jeb!! I'm in the Baltimore Co area but I grew in AA co :D
dimples12562

Postby Doc Floyd » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 am

Somehow I have manged to stay sober for nearly 3 months. It has not been easy to say the least.

I almost slipped when my Son and I had an extremely bad falling out, I won't go into the drama surrounding that. He won't talk to me, but I am ready when he is.

What nearly pushed me over the edge about a month ago was when I found out my Father has cancer, it seems to have started in his liver and has spread rapidly throughout his body. No idea how much time he has left, but it was a total shock.

The strange thing is he never really drank, I image I might have seen him drink a six-pack total the whole time growing up, and most of that most likely was poured out.

I eye the ABC store every time I pass it, it is less than a mile from my house, and on the same street. But I just floor the gas and speed past.

The rest of my family, co-workers, and friends have been very supportive, plus my dog has always been there for me when I am having a bad day. I try to walk her, play with her, or do chores to try to keep busy. Even had the ex-wife tell me she still loves me, been an odd very trying year so far.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Doc Floyd

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 am

Yep. Ex's are notorious for showing up when we get sober and they think we got money in our pockets again. :lol:

I remember at 90 days I was really struggling. I'd look up and see a billboard w/ a chick and a drink and it would drive me insane! :lol: Well -- I mean MORE insane!

I finally had to get a bumper sticker and put it on the back of my car, hoping that if I got too close to a liquor store some sober cop might show up and bust me before I could drink. We had a few sober cops where I got sober. And, even many of the one's that weren't sober -- recognized our bumper stickers and check on us sometimes. I'm grateful that they did! It was a lot better than having them shoot at me.

Then, I got one of those "First Things First" stickers and put it on the dash of my car -- to remind me that I was a drunk, because I seemed to stay thirsty all the time! Finally, I plastered my whole dash w/ stickers of the Serenity Prayer, Easy Does It, Take it easy. 3rd Step prayer, the AA logo and all kinds of stuff -- to try and help me make it between meetings without drinking. Yep. I'll never forget those days!

Hey. Sorry to hear about your dad. One good thing you can say is -- at least he's seeing you sober while he's still alive. I wish my pops could have seen me sober before he died. At least my mom got to see me sober before she died. And, my long-distance kids know I'm sober.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Hang in ther Doc!! Sounds like you're livin life on lifes terms :) No one promised us it would be easy but we do know it won't be any easier if we go back out!! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad but Dallas is right, at least he get a sober son and thats the GREATEST gift that you can give him!!
~P
dimples12562

Postby Doc Floyd » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks for the kind words and support guys, it means a lot.
Doc Floyd

Postby dimples12562 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 am

Holy Moly!! Who moved around the furniture???? Are these the changes you have warned us about Dallas??
BTW Good morning Brothers & Sisters!!! Step Four has begun for me!!
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 am

Good morning Dimples.

Talk about a learning curve? LOL. We installed this new software for the forum and I feel like I'm having to learn FB all over again! Yep. Furniture moved and I'm in the dark. :-) Plus, I haven't figured out how to get the smilies emoticons working yet.

A couple of the normie guys (normies that even cost more than alkies to hire!) that have been helping me w/ this had made some other changes and additions -- but I changed that part back, because I wasn't sure if they were appropriate or not. I'll have to get some feedback from the gang on it.

They had added some forums for Drug Addiction and Prescription Drug Addiction. I thought their ideas were great, but then, I started thinking. :-)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Jebtion12345 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 am

It is funny ... some of the Forums I am not authorized to see ... maybe I am not 100 percent signed in .. is anyone else having similar issues. I cannot access the 12 step recovery "sub" forum for example.
Peace
J
Jebtion12345

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober